What brush with Paint Pots?

darklocke

I'm sure some of you are like me, reluctant to use your fingers in your Paint Pots? I tend to have medium to long nails, and I absolutely hate getting product under my nails - and I altogether prefer to use a brush in my cosmetics. I hope I'm not alone on this, because I'd like to know what kind of brush or brushes you would recommend for using with a Paint Pot.

MUALindsay

My fav Paint Pot Brush is MAC's 242. I also have a Synthetic brush from Sephora that work well, too. Oh and some people like to use MAC's 217.
greengrin.gif

xxManBeaterxx

217 is the best imo

bristles are soft
blends well
evenly distributes product

242/252 are good too but i dislike stiff bristles when im trying to blend

lyttleravyn

I also use my 217 frequently. However I also have a large concealer brush from Bare Escentuals that I use too.

User38

I use the BE concealer brush, or any large ovaled taklon brush -- after that I use the 217 to blend
smiles.gif

Chrystia

My personal favourites are :

190 - it might surprise you, but this works great so you don't put too much product on.
195 - the new one is also really nice, this is the closest to a finger effect in my opinion.

darklocke

You just gave me a perfect excuse to go on a small brush hunt!
greengrin.gif
I really appreciate the response from you all. And I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who wants to use a brush for the Paint Pots.

snowflakelashes

217 for me (I use my fingers mostly) I have MAD love for the 217 and creme products... the paintpots, the metal x shadows... teh 217 is my go-to for those :-D

gildedangel

I actually like using concealer brushes, like the MAC 195. It is the perfect size and it is synthetic, which I like to use for cream products.
smiles.gif

darklocke

Thank you so much for all your answers! I'll try these brushes, and see what I will end up with as my favorite one.
smiles.gif
Your help is much appreciated!