What business would you like to have?

neotrad

Hello everyone
smiles.gif

I've been thinking about having my own business/store for a while, and I'm wondering if you were to have your own business/store, what it would be?

Also, what kind of new store/place would you like in your area now?

COBI

I think it's important that the business/store is something you are passionate about. Starting a new business/store from scratch is a lot of work, time, effort and money, and if it's not something you are completely passionate about, it is harder to stay committed to in a manner necessary to be successful.

What are your interests? What types of businessses are the ones that keep coming into your head to do?

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I think it's important that the business/store is something you are passionate about. Starting a new business/store from scratch is a lot of work, time, effort and money, and if it's not something you are completely passionate about, it is harder to stay committed to in a manner necessary to be successful.

What are your interests? What types of businessses are the ones that keep coming into your head to do?

First of all, I agree to what you've stated on starting a business.

The dream place I've thought about is kind of like the mix of a music store, a cafe(that serves healthy food&drinks), and a shop that sells interior/home deco/aromatherapy stuff that's from foreign countries, all joined together. I don't know how else to explain it.
I know it would require a lot of money just to start it... My mother is deciding that she will probably close her own store(originally her father's) in the near future. The store has been around for nearly 60 years and my mother owns the place, so if I wanted to start my own business, I could test-start it there since I wouldn't have to pay the rent.

Briar

I've always dreamt of owning a coffee shop/bookstore/newstand kind of place. Somewhere where one can buy an unusual magazine or used paperback, sit down with a latte' and listen to some good music.

Alas, it probably wouldn't work in my current area as we have a glut of Borders/Barnes&Noble/Starbucks on every corner but its a dream.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I think owning a really cute Bakery would be awesome. Some place that specializes in cupcakes, Kind of like "sprinkles"

V15U4L_3RR0R

My dream business is doing alternative extensions and hairdressing...oh wait I do that already lol.

Being self employed has advantages and disadvanages to working for someone else. Draw up some kind of business plan and reserch what your costs would be. It is a lot of hard work but it's certainly worth it. Also check out any legal issues or laws that are involved int he work you want to go into. Look into the laws of running a shop and being self employed. Research and prepare as much as possible. Ge into the habit of saving reciepts and never ever forget to balance the books!

I love what I do but it does go slow sometimes. I haven't started to make a profit yet but I expect that this time next year I will.

Willa

I always wanted to work for myself, or with people I like. I mean by that, having a company with somebody I already know, no boss to tell me what to do or not to do.

I would have some kind of catering place, but where you also can eat. A restaurant traiteur. I would also make it really affordable, so that anybody can come.

Also serve some teas, juices, coffees and cookies/pies/cakes.

A place where students can come during their loose hours... something like that.

CantAffordMAC

If I were to start my own business, it'd definetly be a salon.

LoL the only thing I can think of that my town needs are: buses, taxis, taco bells, and other fast food restaurants.

SparklingWaves

I've thought about having a place in a smaller town. I am still dreaming about the business idea. Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot & other major businesses really put a dent into many ideas of mine.
ssad.gif

Beauty Mark

A good coffee shop (not a franchise) or a bakery.

I don't know what you mean when you're talking about business, but if you're willing to do the party hosting circuit, some of my friends got into that and are doing well with selling Avon, Pampered Chef, and even sex toys
winks.gif

If you want to work under no one but yourself, after you educate yourself on handicrafts, I knew some people who did decently with making homemade soap and lip balm. Actually, one of my favorite companies is My Lip Stuff, and it's all handcrafted and run by one woman.