what color as a base on the eyes ?

Lotte

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a neutral light color to use as a base color and that I can pair up with browns, greens. Not too pink, not too shimmery because it's not a highlight.

Any suggestions in the eyeshadows ? Or is one of the paintpots a better option ?

Thx !

nunu

I think that if you need a neutral base colour then go for paints or paint pots. I suggest painterly paint pot or bare study.

kittykit

You can try Paint in Bare Canvas. I use it as my base
smiles.gif

makeba

i would go with a paint or paint pot as a base for the colors you want to wear. tan ray paint is very subtle and goes with every color imagined and doesnt disturb the original shadow color.

Iffath

I love All That Glitters, but that one is shimmery, so I guess not of interest to you?

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
Painterly or Soft Ochre paintpots.

Second! Painterly if you have pink undertones and Soft Ochre if you have Yellow undertones
thmbup.gif

Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iffath
I love All That Glitters, but that one is shimmery, so I guess not of interest to you?

I said that because I have a quite shimmery light eyeshadow that I absolutely love, but when I put another color with it that's also shimmery, it's just a bit too much I think...I have bare study paintpot but it's kinda the same problem.

That's why I thought it would be a better idea to pick something non-shimmery...

Is there any color in the eyeshadows that would work as well ??

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
You can try Paint in Bare Canvas. I use it as my base
smiles.gif

me, too

nursee81

Bare canvas and Painterly..... Or UDPP is color less and works get. I usually UDPP and a paint pot or paint along with it.

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
I use bare canvas and UDPP.

Does painterly and bare study look like bare canvas?

Bare study isnt matte i think mac describes it as a [frost] on the website? Bare study is a subtle white-ish pearl(?) color, its not at all similar to bare canvas and painterly.

Painterly and bare canvas are mattes. Bare canvas looks very smiliar to soft ochre except not as yellow. Painterly has a pink undertone to it.

joojoobss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte
I said that because I have a quite shimmery light eyeshadow that I absolutely love, but when I put another color with it that's also shimmery, it's just a bit too much I think...I have bare study paintpot but it's kinda the same problem.

That's why I thought it would be a better idea to pick something non-shimmery...

Is there any color in the eyeshadows that would work as well ??

i always try to find a non shimmery base as well.. the few that works for me are orb and brule. Orb has a pink tone to it, and orb has a yellow tone to it.
sometime ill mix just a little bit of wedge just because Orb is a little too light.

I used to wear this one from a pallet that smashbox came out with a long time ago, its a light color with the subtlest shimmer in it.. but since its discontinued i replaced it with this color from laura mercier called stellar.

Lotte

So I will get either Bare Canvas in Paint or Painterly in a Paintpot.

Thanks you guys !

Latest posts