what color e/s for a brown smokey eye?

heidik

I have tons of eye shadows in "color" but I honestly never use any of them.. I always seem to reach for my naked palette and do a brown smokey eye.. while I love my naked palette i'm looking to either get some new shadows from MAC or maybe MUFE ( i want something with good color pay off and lasts awhile)

So what 3 or 4 colors would u buy for a gorgeous brown/neutral smokey eye?

Just for reference im a little lighter than NW15, have blonde highlighted hair and green eyes..

thanks in advance

kelly815

Handwritten e/s, the texture is awsome!!
sable e/s..prettiest browny refelective shade ever! makes blue or green eyes pop!
something light maybe rice paper e/s
and then carbon e/s to darken the crease!

spectrolite

Nars Coconut Grove is fantastic. It's a rich blackened brown with a matte texture. Great for a lid colour with a softer brown in the crease. You could have a shimmery or matte highlight. Brule would be pretty =)

LILYisatig3r

personally this is what i use for a brown smokey look:

shroom as a base shade
soba to darken the lid/crease area.
bronze to define the crease.
then a bit of carbon to blend it even further.
then i use a mix of shroom/crystal avalanche to highlight so that it's more of a tan shade but more frost and lighter than usual.

heidik

thank you ladies for the recommendations... I just can not get a brown smokey eye right. OK so who wants to come to my house and do my makeup?????? :)

LILYisatig3r

another good inner corner/base shade if you want more shimmer/metallic look, would be goldmine :) if you use goldmine, i wouldn't recommend using crystal avalanche as a highlighter.

Latest posts