What do fake GLITTERS look like??

TheCollector

Question,

I see a lot of info on pigments, but I was wondering if the MAC glitters (which I know technically are in the pigment category) have any differences in the packaging than the pigments.

I have a Reflects Red that I bought off ebay years ago. The bottom sticker only has the name, no batch number. The consistency is amazing, and I don't think that could be copied.

Anyone know??

Thanks!

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Question,

I see a lot of info on pigments, but I was wondering if the MAC glitters (which I know technically are in the pigment category) have any differences in the packaging than the pigments.

I have a Reflects Red that I bought off ebay years ago. The bottom sticker only has the name, no batch number. The consistency is amazing, and I don't think that could be copied.

Anyone know??

Thanks!

Grabbed one of my glitters from my CCO to compare down. My Jewelmarine has a clear sticker with no batch number. The back of the bottle says "MAC GLITTER" "BRILLANTS" "BRILLANTINI" "BRILLO" at the top of the back going down vertically. The next is the weight line saying 7.5 g e 0.26 US OZ just like that. Last section of bottle says "DIST. BY/PAR: MAKE-UP ART COSMETICS" "TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA M5A 2L2" "LONDON, PARIS, MILAN, NEW YORK, TOKYO" <--(London is underlined in this line here) "MADE IN U.S.A./FABRIQUE AUX E.U. <---(Eclat over the e in fabrique and another over the capital E in E.U.) A number is on the bottom of the company info.....it says MON2000701 is on this bottle. My glitter box has a warning on the left and right sides instead of ingredients. On the back, it states the same heading on the bottle with "GLITTER" "BRILLANTS" "BRILLANTINI" "BRILLO" going vertically down the box. Then the address states "DIST. BY/PAR:" "MAKE-UP ART COSMETICS" "TORONTO, ONTARIO," "CANADA M5V 1R7, LONDON W1K 3BQ." <----everything from London to 3BQ is underlined "MADE IN U.S.A./FABRIQUE AUX E.-U / MON2" <----Eclats over the e in fabrique and and the capital E in E.-U "MACCOSMETICS.COM" Then the rotating arrows symbol and the sticker on bottom shows N/A for the batch number but still has a bar code. There's no ingredients listed on any of my glitter bottles but I've never had a problem using them. I'm sorry for my lack of a really clear camera as mine got destroyed a month ago. The fakes are way different texture like the grade school glitter you use for projects in elementary school. It feels like the glitter bought at a arts and crafts store and definitely a big difference in texture than real MAC glitter.