What do you do for living?

cattykitty

Hi, everyone, I'm kinda new to posting new threads, but I've been lurking around Spectra for few months now.

I graduated from college last year and I wanted to apply for vet schools. Just few days ago, I got rejected by both of the schools that I applied to....
ssad.gif

I knew that vet schools are notoriously hard to get in, but I still feel a little disappointed and lost because I feel like even if I apply this year again, it's not going to make much of a difference.

So I'm really reconsidering my career path, maybe something that's more suitable for me..... But I have such a narrow mind that I can't really think any careers. sigh... So that's my story.

So what do you do for living, if you care to share? Anyone who's also going for vet med?

Looking forward to hearing back. Thank you for sharing.
winkiss.gif

Briar

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to get into Vet school, I know the programs are notoriously competitve but don't give up. If that's really what you want to do keep applying. In the meantime, have you considered Vet Tech? Also a great career, good step toward vet school and always in demand. Out here in Colorado we have the Bel Rea Institute which is an incredible Vet Tech program. I was working with someone in that school while I was in nursing school and her training was much tougher and more comprehensive than mine in the realm of pharmacology and anatomy.

I'm a registered nurse with a BS in nursing and currently a staff supervisor in hospice. I love nursing! Its incredibly challenging, with a nearly infinite array of choices from bedside nursing, to teaching, to research, open to nurses. Right now new hospitals and clinics are opening almost daily with not enough staff so nurses can write their own ticket. Salary and benefits are on par with many high level professions.

V15U4L_3RR0R

I'm self employed. I run my own business is selling crazy hair lol. I plan on going back to college in the autumn and getting a hairdressing qualification as well though.

nunu

I am sorry you have been rejected...I don't work but i am in my final year at Uni, i'm scared of rejection too when i begin applying for jobs this summer.

itsJADEbiitch

i'm a med. asst... just started back in school for my pre reqs to be a RN... good luck to you. dont give up if it's what you want.

mahreez

i'm sorry, but maybe you could rethink your career options when you're not that upset.

i'm self-employed too, i design and sell clothes for women and children. i graduated from an agribusiness course which is pretty far from fashion and i always get asked about it esp. during job interviews. but i get the hang of it. it's not overnight, that you get to decide what you wanna do for a living anyway. *wink*

Claire84

I did my degree in Applied Maths and Physics (graduated July 2006) and am in the second year of my PhD in Theoretical Physics. Make up keeps me sane.
winks.gif

I'm really sorry o hear that things haven't been working out for you.
thmbdn.gif