what do you do with empty packaging?

crystalic_oxyge

hey everyone!
just started cleaning up in my room... and i have a huge drawer full of empty boxes and packaging. one is for mac, and the other of all other brands. I really dont like throwing them away, because they are always so beautiful.... just nice for collecting... but it only becomes more and more... cant keep them all anymore.

what do you do with yours? do you throw them away? do something with them? stack them somehow?

i really need an idea ^^ because i dont want to throw them away... but i dont need them and its just taking away space
th_dunno.gif

florabundance

For the first week after i've bought something I keep it in the box lol but i end up throwing them because i cant stand clutter

s0xjuicy

I've always wondered if you could give other brands' for B2M, so that it could be recycled, but obviously you wouldn't be able to get a MAC product for it, but it would be nice for it to be recycled rather than it being thrown in the trash.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
If they are MAC, I trade them in for a lipstick.

she meant the cardboard boxes and other packaging, not the actual containers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0xjuicy
I've always wondered if you could give other brands' for B2M, so that it could be recycled, but obviously you wouldn't be able to get a MAC product for it, but it would be nice for it to be recycled rather than it being thrown in the trash.

no you can't. since they don't know what materials are used for packaging by other companies, they can't use them in the recycling process. you might be able to recycle them in your bins that go out with your trash.
th_dunno.gif

Love Always Ivy

last summer i used to hoard them, but then i ended up throwing them all away because i got really annoyed with them taking up space in my room.

newagetomatoz

I recycle my boxes. But I saved a few MAC ones and cut them up, and then made a collage of them and then cut it to size for a photo frame keychain I bought.

I keep mine for about 3 months, then toss. By then, the old packaging has been replaced and I keep that for 3 months.....and so on