What do you do with MAC glitters?

GalleyGirl

So I have Jewelmarine, but it is not eye safe apparently. What else can I do with it? I had been planning on using it on my eyes, I can't imagine where else I'd put it!

Its made to be used for hair or body. Try using EZR ( eye zone remoisturizer) or even the lash glue we sell that will hold it to your skin. A MAC store sells glitters that ARE okay for the eye area.

amoona

I was told that Jewelmarine is eye safe. I've used it many times without a problem. I always use it with a water based Mixing Medium to get it to stick to my lid. I've had many different MAC MAs tell me that it was eye safe.

liquidsirenhoney

my MA used jewelmarine on my eye area...but none of them could agree as to if it was eye safe.....i use it and don't have any problems...but some of my glitters i mix with matte pigments and use mixing medium to make it stick/last.

becca

I like to mix glitters with the mixing medium eyeliner.
you can mix different colours together. it's very nice playing around.

becca

kinda_sexy

Sometimes when i paint my nails, i sprinkle a little bit of MAC glitter around the edges. Or i paint in a french tip and i sprinkle glitter on the tip (rest of the nail is dry so the glitter doesn't get everywhere) I usually do this with non-white french tips, for crazy colors.

caffn8me

See Glitter and Glitter Related Precautions

One of the main dangers with glitters occurs when you try to remove them from the eye - even when you've used a mixing medium to stick them in place. During removal it's very easy to get glitter into the eye itself which can cause corneal abrasions.

If anyone is unlucky enough to find themselves with glitter in the eye for whatever reason, do NOT rub the eye. The easiset way to remove it is to jump into a shower and wash it out with flowing water - opening the eye fully under the flow. I suggest a shower because although water from a sink tap is just as effective, it's often very difficult to get your face underneath running water over a sink. Do not use a small plastic eye bath as these simply spread dirt around the eye rather than washing it completely away which is what you want.

If you are unable to get the glitter out by yourself then you have to get help from someone else because you need to go to a hospital emergency department. You need help because you should cover both eyes before you go to the hospital. This is to help prevent movement. If you only cover the eye that is affected then your good eye will still be looking around and the movement will be the same in the bad eye which can spread the glitter further and scratch the cornea even more.

Be extremely careful with glitters.

DaizyDeath

I got tons of glitter in my eye when i tryed to use it as a liner with glitter glue ehhh it was a huge mess. Ive never tryed it with the eyeliner mixing medium but the main reason why the glitters are pro is beacuse they arent versitile enough for the mass public i reccomenf using the glitter in your hair or with your nail polish theirs really not much else their good for. imo

although im always tempted to buy them beacuse their soo damn preety!