What do you eat at lunch when at work?

daffie

I'll be starting the corporate world soon. I want to eat healthy yet cheap since I’m fresh from college. There is no cafeteria where I will be working. What do you usually eat during your lunch hour?

Do you bring your own lunch? If so, what do you bring? I was thinking leftovers but I know there won't be leftovers everyday..

Thanks!
winkiss.gif

susanks1

I usually eat either Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones with a sugar free chocolate pudding and some vegetables.

Simply Elegant

Usually half of a sandwich, a few crackers with peanut butter, a cookie and some vegetables, usually tomato, beans, carrots or broccoli.

dollbabybex

when i had an office job... when i was flush id go to mcdonalds or subway or get a pub lunch.

when i was skint id make a cheese and pickle sandwich,yoghurt and crisps

or just cook pasta with some sauce the night before and take that in in some tupperware.

or take in a ready meal.

hello_kitty

A can of soup is usually what I grab because I am most likely running out the door frantically. If I have some bread I'll do a sandwich (PB&J or turkey). Then I'll throw in an applesauce and/or mixed fruit cup, and a bottle or two of water. Every once in awhile I might have some leftovers which I'll bring, but that hasn't been happening a lot lately.

Sometimes at work we'll order Chinese, which I like because I've been craving garlic broccoli for well over a month now, I can't get enough. Or I'll run out for a sub from a local store if I have the chance to escape work. But I hate eating out because it costs money, and I know it's so much healthier and cheaper just to eat whatever I bring from home.

Avoid vending machines... those things are just way too expensive.
ssad.gif
I have a hard time saying "no" to the ones at my work.

daffie

Hello_kitty - Everything in those vending machines always look soo good! I will be bringing PB&J (my fave!)

Macattck & susanks1 - Lean Cuisines seem like a good, healthy alternative to store in the fridge!

Thanks!

Joslyn

i work in a populated area downtown, so i have access to food with just a 2 minute walk. i usually go to subway, or trader joes (they have THE BEST salads.) yum!

Latest posts