What do you know of the Netherlands???

Sanne

that's sounds very dutch
greengrin.gif
and you've seen more from holland then me, I've never been to the anne frank house...

most dutch people hate it that touristsshops sell so many tulips, delfts blue, woodenshoes and little windmeals, because all accept for the tulips are soo old fashioned!!

Elorien

Speaking of tulips... in my home town Ottawa, there's a tulip festival every year because after WWII the Netherlands gave us 100,000 tulip bulbs.. so that's what I thought of first when I saw this post
greengrin.gif

(Thanks for the tulips!
greengrin.gif
winks.gif
)

laceymeow

the only thing i'm really familiar with that has to do with the netherlands is hardcore/gabber/thunderdome. =P

cho0chylan3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
that's sounds very dutch
greengrin.gif
and you've seen more from holland then me, I've never been to the anne frank house...

most dutch people hate it that touristsshops sell so many tulips, delfts blue, woodenshoes and little windmeals, because all accept for the tulips are soo old fashioned!!

YOU DEFINATELY NEED TO GO TO THE ANNE FRANK HOUSE! Like seriously, go right this second! heh ;x But seriously you should definately go to it. It's very touching and just amazing. You actually like go through where they were hiding.
Yeah people here hate the tourists too. They're here all the time which is the bad part(I live in Washington, DC). They buy all the stupid FBI hats and I <3 DC shirts and just block the way on the Metro(subway) and street. It's even worse for me because i live so close to the Capitol. Oh lord it's TERRIBLE during the Cherry Blossom season. Traffic is terrible because of out of towners coming to see them. I use to have soccer practice down on the Mall(the grass sort of 'runway' between the Capitol and the Washington Monument) we use to be SO mean to tourists we use to try and hit them with balls and everything ;x It was fun too. Yeah.. i'm done now ;x