What do you think about Specktra's new look?

fakecake

I like it!
thmbup.gif

Tash

From a webdesign point of view, it makes me want to cry honestly. The tables are waaaaay too wide and everything looks very very cluttered. I've actually stopped visiting as much because of the new look.

And the ads everywhere are horrible. I understand that you need them for making money for hosting and stuff, but I really think you went a little overboard putting them on each page like 3-4 times.

MaddyMoo

i dont really like it. its much more cluttered and harder to use than the old one. like the colours tho..

bebs

I really dont like it, the look is just.. not right it looks childish and really not that well thought out I love the top design but the skin and site its self now not so much, I really wish that I could still load the old one instead of this
ssad.gif

and really and truly I've not been coming on as much beacuse of it

and well maybe take down a few of the adds like the ones that are in the post.. those are kinda annoying when trying to scroll though the pages

Laurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
From a webdesign point of view, it makes me want to cry honestly. The tables are waaaaay too wide and everything looks very very cluttered. I've actually stopped visiting as much because of the new look.

And the ads everywhere are horrible. I understand that you need them for making money for hosting and stuff, but I really think you went a little overboard putting them on each page like 3-4 times.

Agreed. I was also excited to hear about a new look here, and then I found out it was purple again. Not so excited anymore.

Eilinoir

I agree with Tash and bebs--this new design has made it so that I rarely visit the site. It's become too much of a hassle just thinking about how I'm gonna navigate my way through and how I'm going to figure out which links I've visited (as I mentioned before).

MisaMayah

Way better !!
Easier and clearer to navigate, the layout ,text & colours are easier on the eye (and prettier) . I must admit when I first joined I felt a bit lost & now I know why!!
Excellent job =D
clap.gif

girlstar

I hated it until I found the option at the bottom of the screen to change it to fixed width. Seriously, that fullscreen design is so insanely gross.. I hate designing fullscreen and I hate looking at fullscreen. It looks much cleaner and easier to navigate now that I've turned it off. I agree with the person who said it looks like whoever decided it couldn't figure out what to use so they just used everything.. the header of the page is holy sensory overload - and there are 6 menu lists, and two sets of ads!

If the old design had all the same options (thanks, etc), I'd probably switch back to that one.

Colorqueen

I think that it is a little confusing to get around at first- very cluttered, but I know that eventually it will be great. It is fun to have a new look. If we could switch between some colors eventually that would be cool too- but perhaps in the future.
cheerleader.gif

Colorqueen

HELP! I was messing with the site settings down below and went from liquid to fixed width and that worked fine, but when I pressed romantic speckles, it is stuck there and won't change back!

I want to go back to the original layout, but it won't change for me.

ACK!!!!
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

SandMantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilinoir
I agree with Tash and bebs--this new design has made it so that I rarely visit the site. It's become too much of a hassle just thinking about how I'm gonna navigate my way through and how I'm going to figure out which links I've visited (as I mentioned before).

Agreed. I've barely visited since the layout change, and can't see that changing anytime soon. Frankly, I don't think the layout looks classier at all, either. It's hard to navigate and looks far too busy and cluttered.