What do you think of these?

SparklingWaves

I don't know if it is the lighting, but the pigments don't appear to sparkle. They appear to be flat.

Panda has the best eye for spotting the legits from the fakes.

wolfsong

They look like crap dont they?
clap.gif

I always think that some sellers with (usually cheap) Water Medium could just fill up empty bottles with actual water or something. Who would know in an auction?

MACATTAK

A lot of the colors don't match their names. Some of them look like matte colors, but that doesn't match Rose, Vanilla, Golden Lemon etc.

wolfsong

Rose looks like a matt fuschia. Thats what tipped me off (i was looking for Rose piggie).

darkbeauty27

In the bigger pics I can see some sparkle in the pigments. The only one that really looks true to shade is the Emerald Green one, but still all of the pics have so much flash. It's hard to tell. Might want to ask the seller for more pics.

Deep Blue Green looks WAY off.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
A lot of the colors don't match their names. Some of them look like matte colors, but that doesn't match Rose, Vanilla, Golden Lemon etc.

Agreed, some of them really are off colour, specifically Rose, Golden Lemon and Vanilla - with such close up pics I would expect to see them as the frosts they are, these ones look like mattes to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
In the bigger pics I can see some sparkle in the pigments. The only one that really looks true to shade is the Emerald Green one, but still all of the pics have so much flash. It's hard to tell. Might want to ask the seller for more pics.

Deep Blue Green looks WAY off.

The blue green looks fine, it really does look like that up close, but I do agree re the flash, it it is hard to tell. If I were considering these I would ask for more pics and see what happens.
There are a lot of new fake colours floating about now including the old pro blue, violet, copper sparkle and teal and of course mattes. the boxes are nearly identical to store bought boxes and I have to say that sadly the fake pigments in these new lots are also almost identical to mac shelf pigments
ssad.gif

wolfsong

Its scary that these good fakes could be sent back to stores for 'refunds' - some stores dont always ask for receipts, and its been written on here that not all returned items get thrown away like they're meant to be (they're reshelved).

panda0410

A lot of them are re-shelved, and even worse, I have heard of pigments returned to shelves without even being checked, let alone for a receipt
ssad.gif

wolfsong

Gosh! Even the stores aint safe! Thats shocking - i understand if some stock that hasnt been opened is restocked (though on some how do you prove it?) as its wasteful to chuck it if it was returned for being the wrong colour or something. But to not check what is being sold again is disgraceful. Shouldnt returned stock that doesnt look tampered with be used as testers etc? That would be a safer route.

dizzygal

I was always lead to believe that any shop returns went back to the manufacturerto be sold in staff shops, I was actually given this info recently,scary isnt it will it be safe to buy anything LOL

Latest posts