What does this mean? PLEASE HELP!

Vicky88

Quote:
Do one set of 12 repetitions from exercise A, then immediately do one set of 12 reps from exercise B. Switch back to exercise A, and continue the cycle for a total of four sets. If you can do an exercise more than 12 times, the weight is too light. If you can't reach 12 repetitions, the weight is too heavy.

Does this mean I do four sets of exercise A and four sets of exercise B to make 8 in total, or two sets of both exercise A and B to make four in total?

Vicky88

Four of each or two of each though? lol.

Sorry, I am confusing myself.
ssad.gif

Shimmer

I think it's two of each, because four of each...that's a LOT...unless they're the only exercises you're doing?

edit:
Husband disagrees with me (he's the health nut here too) and says that it should be four sets of each exercise since it's a female's program.
smiles.gif

CrimsonCountess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88
Four of each or two of each though? lol.

Sorry, I am confusing myself.
ssad.gif

Yes. Two of each for a total of 4.

Wattage

I agree that is is two of each type of exercise, for a total of four exercises. Given the high number of reps, you are aiming for endurance training - which constitutes high reps and low sets. You would not want to do four sets of these.

smiles.gif

Shimmer

Ha.
I just told husband you said this and he was like...Ok. You can be right this time (since I agreed with you)
winks.gif

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
Ha.
I just told husband you said this and he was like...Ok. You can be right this time (since I agreed with you)
winks.gif

Ahaha. It's sweet that he "lets" you be right!! If only men knew how it really goes down...
greengrin.gif

Tyester

Sounds like the definition of a superset, so that makes a total of 4 complete sets. (superset - doing two seperate excercises together making a bigger set, *IE-tricep pushdowns followed by barbell curls would be a superset)

One of those "it works for some people but not everyone" type things.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
Ahaha. It's sweet that he "lets" you be right!! If only men knew how it really goes down...
greengrin.gif

Don't. Ruin. The. Illusion.

YvetteJeannine

A 'set' is a continued repetition of an exercise (ie; 12-15 leg presses, or 8 butterfly presses=a set)..So I would think that if they say four 'sets'...that's what they mean.....???
smiles.gif
IMO, that's a lot for "female program", but it's intended to build endurance.

Vicky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
A 'set' is a continued repetition of an exercise (ie; 12-15 leg presses, or 8 butterfly presses=a set)..So I would think that if they say four 'sets'...that's what they mean.....???
smiles.gif
IMO, that's a lot for "female program", but it's intended to build endurance.

Yes I understand that, that wasn't my question. But it's been answered anyway.

Thanks Caitlin & shimmer.
greengrin.gif

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88
Yes I understand that, that wasn't my question. But it's been answered anyway.

Thanks Caitlin & shimmer.
greengrin.gif

ohboy.gif
sigh.gif
Just trying to help

Latest posts