What does your man say about your mac addiction??

wittynickname

My SO appreciates the fact that I make an effort. Yet he does not understand my obsession with MAC. To him, it just takes too much money and time. He does not worry about the money as much because I have not pillaged the food and property tax budget for cosmetics and brushes. He's rather more worried about the addiction. If i were to devote the same effort to another more productive hobby, I could probably achieve something more useful.

Strange, as he is not averse to the makeup itself. Since he is very creative and very good with color, he will help me mix and create various combinations.

Deep down, I agree with him. Thus I limit the time/money I spend at the MAC store, sometimes I'll purchase lower cost brands, sometimes I stop and realize I have more makeup than I will ever be able to use.

pretty_melody

He's begun to understand my addiction to makeup. He hates going into stores like mac and sephora. I'm closer to a cco then mac or any other makeup store, so when we go he just kind of lets me look around. I was surprised to find a sephora giftcard in my stocking this year so that was awesome. I think he understands that it's what I like to spend my money on. I mean he just spent 200 on a new phone, and he knows how happy I was for him that he bought himself something..

myluckypenny

My man sees MAC and Sephora to be equally the male equivalent of Fry's Electronic's [aka: the big boy's toy store]...

I started my makeup hobby/habit/addiction when I got with him, and he was the one that fueled/started it. I remember feeling super down about not looking as put together as the other females in our group, so he took me shopping and told me to get what I felt like I needed to make myself feel prettier. [I didn't even know where to start when I first met him] Granted, this was when I was low maintenance, and I was using ds makeup which consisted of a tinted moisturizer, brow pencil and eyeliner. Fast forward 4 years, and now I send him out to CCOs or shopping areas whenever he's flying out for work to hunt me down the latest hard to find goodie...

...and he's still willing to do it. Of course, he does it with a smile, but a sheepish one - since he has to confront strange sales girls asking for a "MAC 136" or something of the likes of that. He picks me up stuff from my wishlists whenever he knows I'm feeling down, or if he spends on something super awesome and feels guilty about it, he'll buy me something to make him feel like I can share in his joy of having a new toy... haha. He's a keeper, and I know it. The only thing he hates himself for is the fact that I used to take 5-10 min. to get ready... and now it's at least 15-20 min. *shrug* I think he likes the idea of me getting "pretty" for him, but he'll still do the obligatory male "I'm-going-to-bitch-about-how-long-you-take" speech just to establish he's "Not-no-sissy" walking into stores asking for make up brushes.

missminikat

My boyfriend doesn't really get why I get so excited over makeup but he gets that it makes me happy. He's also a bit of an enabler, he got me a beautiful vanity set up for Christmas! The only thing I try to keep from him is the cost. (I never spend money on makeup if I don't have it but I'd still rather avoid the topic.) I only told him the cost of a spree once and his response was, "Wow. It'd be a lot cheaper if you were addicted to crack!"

ElvenEyes

So far my husband seems pretty supportive about it, as he is with all my other cravings! After years of wearing the same stuff over and over again, I think he enjoys seeing different looks and colours on me and is a bit amazed at how different you can look by changing things around, too. Or maybe it is just fun seeing eyeshadows and lipsticks after spending 10 hours glued to his computer!
type.gif

m4dswine

My bf doesn't exactly understand it, but..... it's my money and he doesn't comment. He likes the make up I do, and he's quite artistic so really appreciates the work and says I look nice.

As long as the bills get paid and we have food on the table, it's my perogative what I spend my money on. I don't berate him for indulging his spending habits (alcohol - we have a bar full of rather nice booze and computery bits).

Mrs.JC

My husband is a sweetie. When I was working we had just first gotten married and when I brought make-up home he seemed kind of confused about it all, and gave me the "why do you need so much make-up?"/"what is all of that for?" the first few times. But now that we've been married for about a year and I am currently a stay-at-home wife, I didn't expect him to support or show any interest in my MAC endeavors. I was so wrong. He is such an enabler and actually encourages me to purchase make-up (as long as I do it little by little and not huge hauls every week). For our anniversary he bought me a gorgeous vanity table and $500-600 worth of MAC eyeshadows (that's three entire MAC eyeshadow palettes, along with some Bobbi Brown and NARS).

I've even expressed my interest of attending beauty school and he told me to start looking for programs. He even critiques the make-up I do on myself and other people--and he usually says purely positive things. I appreciate the CC from my husband. He even asks me sometimes what some of the things do/are for and looks all amazed when I swatch or demonstrate. I don't actually think he cares all that much--I think he does it to humor me, haha. However I appreciate the effort all the same.

missah

Aww. So many specktrettes are so lucky! My man has been on my case lately about my makeup spending. He's buying the stuff i want from the semi precious collection but he keeps complaining. It's mostly " why do you spend so much on useless things? You don't need it. you're beautiful naturally, thats the way i best like you'. He doesnt appreciate any effort I make and doesn't understand that I like makeup. he is also on my case about doing my makeup not just for him, that other guys can see too. But i love makeup, i love using my face as a canvas and he just does not understand. I suppose, sometimes I feel extremely lucky to have him but when we fight about makeup... it upsets me alot.

Funtabulous

If he knew the full extent of it, most likely he would think I was insane.

A while ago, I asked him what he thought an outrageous number of eye shadows to own would be. His answer: 4. Considering I have more pallets than that, and more like 4 drawers full of makeup, I wouldn't want to know what he'd think.

That said, whenever I spend a lot of time on my eye makeup, he always seems to appreciate it.

Funtabulous

Aww. So many specktrettes are so lucky! My man has been on my case lately about my makeup spending. He's buying the stuff i want from the semi precious collection but he keeps complaining. It's mostly " why do you spend so much on useless things? You don't need it. you're beautiful naturally, thats the way i best like you'. He doesnt appreciate any effort I make and doesn't understand that I like makeup. he is also on my case about doing my makeup not just for him, that other guys can see too. But i love makeup, i love using my face as a canvas and he just does not understand. I suppose, sometimes I feel extremely lucky to have him but when we fight about makeup... it upsets me alot.

You're actually pretty lucky to have a man who isn't so highly concerned about makeup and appearance. I had typed a bit about my boyfriend and our relationship, but deleted it because it's kind of personal. The point was, that it can be a bit tiring being with someone who has such high standards. My boyfriend can't stand the thought of someone letting themselves go or not taking care of themselves. It's a lot to live up to and sometimes I feel he is too uptight. My boyfriend would never say that to me, and he would certainly never say it was 'okay' if I gained weight (a bit off topic, there). I think you sound like the lucky one!

LittleMaryJane

My boyfriend will once in awhile make fun of me or comment on my makeup buying habits (in a nice way) but overall he knows it's something I like a lot and is very cool about it. Sometimes I'll even make him humor me by showing him a haul I was particularly excited about or a shade that I find to be perfect.

missah

You're actually pretty lucky to have a man who isn't so highly concerned about makeup and appearance. I had typed a bit about my boyfriend and our relationship, but deleted it because it's kind of personal. The point was, that it can be a bit tiring being with someone who has such high standards. My boyfriend can't stand the thought of someone letting themselves go or not taking care of themselves. It's a lot to live up to and sometimes I feel he is too uptight. My boyfriend would never say that to me, and he would certainly never say it was 'okay' if I gained weight (a bit off topic, there). I think you sound like the lucky one!
Hmm... my man also gets on my case about my weight occasionally but he does it nicely as possible so its fine. But you're gorgeous, i hope your man does feel lucky to have you though! Even if he's uptight:)

Amber Dawn

My man has his own expensive addictions. He just bought me a UNII Palette and a MAC 182 as random presents, so I think he's okay with it. ;)

Of course, he could care less if I ever wore makeup. I didn't for most of our relationship so far, it's just I'm getting older and my interests are changing.

My hubby isn't bothered by my love of makeup. He is so sweet! He tells me daily "I'm more beautiful without makeup" ^_^

He lets me buy whatever I want. But our relationship is 100/100, we both give and take and try to give each other what we want, as long as we live within our means!

The only thing he does not let me buy is drugstore makeup. I think I've made him into a brand snob....
yahoo.gif

princess sarah

My man is pretty good with it, he makes the comments 'oh what are you buying now' when he sees me online but he knows its what I enjoy doing so wouldn't stop me. I'm well known for watching Footy and playing with colour combos all over the lounge room floor. I'm soon to start a makeup course so I can perfect my skills, which he supports. He understands girls have their things and boys have theirs

NotteRequiem

My fiance is the biggest enabler I've ever known. He saw Lightscapade swatches and bought it for me as a surprise because it thought it would look pretty on me.

I've corrupted him, mwahaha.

MonroeMua

mine says he better not come home one day and find a credit card bill for 500+ at mac. he thinks i have a problem .lol

spunky

Mine is a total enabler - he keeps telling me "but you need it for your kit"! And he knows I have a thing about brushes just now, so he's buying me a little Crown haul :)

shklnyk

I'm hiding my obsession from my BF lol
I don't wanna scare him away. He knows I like MAC but he doesn't know how seriously I'm into it.

Latest posts