What exactly is the difference between Pro Longwear and Pro Longwear *Lustre* l/s?

galvanizer

Is the Lustre version just more sheer? Does it feel any different on the lips? MAC site doesn't clarify enough for me
ssad.gif

baby_love

when I put on the PLW lustures, it sort of feels like sand is mixed in with the topcoat. it's grainy basically. and the other ones are just smooth.

galvanizer

Interesting... could that 'sand' feeling just be glitter in the topcoat? These can be bought individually too, so I'm still wondering if the lipcolour part is any different? Anyone?

PrettyKitty

Pro Longwear Lustre are less pigmented, more sheer. Also, the Top Coat is 'Mirror' instead of 'Clear'. It does feel a touch gritty on my lips, but it's SO pretty with the sparkles! The 'Clear' Top Coat is too plain for me.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_addict_77
Hmmm, mine is not grainy at all. I prefer it over the Pro Longwear.

I guess your lips are less sensibles than mine.
smiles.gif

Did you try to rub your lips together when you wear the Mirror Top Coat? You can't feel the glitters? I feel them, but that's not painful or whatever... I LOVE the Mirror Top Coat!

stella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
I guess your lips are less sensibles than mine.
smiles.gif

Did you try to rub your lips together when you wear the Mirror Top Coat? You can't feel the glitters? I feel them, but that's not painful or whatever... I LOVE the Mirror Top Coat!

You mean sensitive?
smiles.gif

Is the Top Coat sticky or thick? I won't buy it if it comes off so easily that I'll have to keep applying it.

koolkatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Did you try to rub your lips together when you wear the Mirror Top Coat? You can't feel the glitters?

You're not supposed to rub your lips together! Won't last as long... :p

The originals have clear gloss, and the Lustres have a shimmer. I've never tried the original, but have heard complaints that they're drying. I don't find the Lustre drying at all with the gorgeous Mirror gloss on top. LOVE these :)

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella.
You mean sensitive?
smiles.gif

Is the Top Coat sticky or thick? I won't buy it if it comes off so easily that I'll have to keep applying it.

Yeah I mean sensitive, sorry. :p

Not it's not sticky, it's kinda watery... So yeah you need to apply it every 2-3 hours.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkatz
You're not supposed to rub your lips together! Won't last as long... :p

The originals have clear gloss, and the Lustres have a shimmer. I've never tried the original, but have heard complaints that they're drying. I don't find the Lustre drying at all with the gorgeous Mirror gloss on top. LOVE these :)

Oh yeah I know, that's why it doesn't bother me because I don't do it. I just noticed the gritty glitters because I rub my lips together to apply it everywhere!
smiles.gif