What foundation will give me this look?

xtiffineyx

I'm on the hunt for a new foundation. I have acne constantly on my chin
thmbdn.gif
so I need something with good coverage to cover the acne & hyperpigmentation left over. I currently use L'Oreal Mineral makeup and I like it, but it doesn't look good until I touch up with it after already having it on my skin for a few hours. In the morning when I first put it on it hardly wants to blend or cover anything, but if i come home from class and re-do my foundation it looks perfect? Weird I know,.... Anyways..I love the way this girls foundation looks anyone have any good rec's for it? I have oily skin too btw!

Thanks! =)

Here's the link to the BIG picture which you can see her makeup very very well...It was just too big to post here...
http://www.hollywoodtuna.com/images/...iere_3_big.jpg

elektra513

IMO, any full coverage powder foundation (like Studio Fix) or creme-to-powder foundation (Studio Tech).

Be careful w/MAC foundations if you are acne prone, though. Diligent skincare is super important (wash that face every night! lol)

HTH

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
IMO, any full coverage powder foundation (like Studio Fix) or creme-to-powder foundation (Studio Tech).

Be careful w/MAC foundations if you are acne prone, though. Diligent skincare is super important (wash that face every night! lol)

HTH

I'm super diligent with my skin routine, the acne I get is hormonal.
ssad.gif

I've tried the Studio Tech & it broke me and my mom out horribly! It also would do this weird thing on our face where it would like separate. It'd look excellent when I first put it on but 30 minutes later it was separated on my nose & chin (anywhere that was oily).

Thanks for your advice! =)

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
MUFE duo mat keeps my oily skin matte for 8 hours. It's amazing.

We don't have a Sephora counter near me, so I don't know what color I would be...I think i'm in between NC15 & NC20. So i don't know what color to order online.

Simply Elegant

I'm NC15 and I use 200 but it's a bit too yellow so I combine two of my powder foundations to get a perfect match. I'm guessing you'd be 200 to 201.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtiffineyx
I'm super diligent with my skin routine, the acne I get is hormonal.
ssad.gif

I've tried the Studio Tech & it broke me and my mom out horribly! It also would do this weird thing on our face where it would like separate. It'd look excellent when I first put it on but 30 minutes later it was separated on my nose & chin (anywhere that was oily).

Thanks for your advice! =)

Yeah, my breakouts are hormonal too. MAC foundation is a no-go as it just makes it freaking worse
thmbdn.gif

I love Prescriptives foundations as they are not irritating to my skin. The Anywear foundation is buildable and can be used wet or dry.

*KT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtiffineyx
I currently use L'Oreal Mineral makeup and I like it, but it doesn't look good until I touch up with it after already having it on my skin for a few hours. In the morning when I first put it on it hardly wants to blend or cover anything, but if i come home from class and re-do my foundation it looks perfect? Weird I know,.... Anyways..I love the way this girls foundation looks anyone have any good rec's for it? I have oily skin too btw!

Just a thought....

Do you just cleanse and apply the foundation, or do you use a light oil-free moisturizer and/or primer first? I'm on the oily side too and my mineral makeup doesn't apply very well unless I've moisturized (Clinique Dramatically Different Gel) or primed (Laura Geller spackle). It just doesn't "stick" well without some sort of moisture. In which case, it makes sense that it'd look great when you re-do it, because you'd have some moisture back from your oil glands working.

Even oily gals need to moisturize to prevent those oil glands from really kicking into high gear.
yes.gif

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KT*
Just a thought....

Do you just cleanse and apply the foundation, or do you use a light oil-free moisturizer and/or primer first? I'm on the oily side too and my mineral makeup doesn't apply very well unless I've moisturized (Clinique Dramatically Different Gel) or primed (Laura Geller spackle). It just doesn't "stick" well without some sort of moisture. In which case, it makes sense that it'd look great when you re-do it, because you'd have some moisture back from your oil glands working.

Even oily gals need to moisturize to prevent those oil glands from really kicking into high gear.
yes.gif

Yes, I use The Body Shops Green Tea Mattifying moisturizer. Maybe i should try a different moisturizer when I run out of this one.

Simply Elegant

In the HD I'm 117 but I don't own it. I just tested it on my jawline in a Sephore store lighting so I'm not sure if it would look the same in natural light, so based on that, if you're NC20 I'd try 120.

Clinique also has a really good powder foundation, the clarifying one. It keeps me matte for around 6.5-7 hours. Pretty good but not a lot of colours.

xtiffineyx

Nevermind...I just ordered the 117. I seen where they accept returns so if it doesn't work out I'll try another color =)

aimee

i would go with estee lauders double wear foundation best coverage ever and i have horrible skin

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee
i would go with estee lauders double wear foundation best coverage ever and i have horrible skin

I tried that. They didn't have my color, The lightest was too ashy/pink and the one up from that was too dark. I have weird coloring I think so it's hard to find something to match.
ssad.gif

I'm excited about trying the HD! Hopefully it'll work out, if it doesn't I'm going to try the mat+velvet. =)

aimee

awww ok i was lucky to find two colors one for winter one for summer and i mix them sometimes.

Ive heard great things about the HD i hope it works for you...keep us posted....but here in switzerland its impossible to get HD...we dont have MUFE or urban decay or brands like that
ssad.gif

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
For that kind of finish, I'd say Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +.

I just ordered the HD, if I don't like it, I was going to send it back for the Mt Velvet + =) Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvs Queen
You could message her on myspace and ask her what she uses? Maybe she'll reply.
MySpace.com - sasha grey - 20 - Female - City of Angeles, US - www.myspace.com/sashagrey

Thanks! I didn't even know who she was. I just seen her picture and loved the makeup. I tried to send her a msg, but it said that she's "away until November".
ssad.gif

Latest posts