What % H2O + what % Glycerin = Fix+?

RoseMe

I would like to make a simple homemade Fix+ using just water and glycerin (with maybe a drop of floral essential oil). Can someone please advise what percentage of each is right? Thanks!

xxManBeaterxx

I havent heard about a homemade fix+ but i know you can do one for a mixing medium. Its 1 part glycerin 3 parts water, but perhaps you may need to play around with the ratio to adjust it to your skin type.

Here is the ingredient list for fix+
Spring Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract; Chamomilla Recutitia (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assiee
I thought 1 part glycerin 3 parts water, is the recept for mixing medium ? ..

Ya it is, i think i said that, but maybe i was unclear xD

RoseMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
You can read all about fix+ here:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/fix-23319/

I read it and could not find the exact recommended % for each. I already made my own mixing medium but did not find it "light" enough.....

What do you all think about adding errential oil for fragrance? Will it be too "oily" on the skin?

Dayjoy

For Fix+ it is 1 part glycerin to 9 parts water. I made my own by using green tea, chamomile tea, cucumber water (made by dicing cucumbers in water and letting it soak in the fridge for a day) (the first three I made with distilled water), glycerin, vitamin E, and castor oil (the last two in very small amounts). I froze small amounts in ice trays and once frozen, I keep the cubes in a covered bowl in the freezer. I melt one cube at a time and put it in a spray bottle which I keep in the fridge. I discard it after about 2-4 weeks and melt another cube. It was a fun little project and it really compares to my real Fix+. It was super cheap to make because I already had a lot of the ingredients, but I'm not sure I would do it again--it's too easy to find Fix+ at the CCO near me. Plus I have so much in the freezer!

From largest to smallest:
Cucumber water
Chamomile tea
Green tea--use nine parts of the first three combined to one part-
Glycerin
a few vitamin E capsules pricked and squeezed
Castor oil in a smaller amount than the vitamin E