what happened at my macys interview

pinki3

earlier i interviewed for the cosmetic sales for Stonestown, SF macys. But there were no openings for my only-availible-on weeeknds schedule. so they guy scheduled me a second interview for a temporary position at the giftwrap section. the guy said i did pretty good at the interview but the only problem is my schedule. im so sad!!! he said its because of my schedule. I have to attend school at UCdavis and come back for the weekends.
ssad.gif
anyone know how long they have to work at macys b4 they get to transfer to cosmetics if theres an opening? THANKS!

tarteheart

I would assume that you would be free to apply for a position (in cosmetics) whenever there is an opening. A transfer would to be arranged at the discretion the cosmetics department manager, and whether s/he would like to give you a position or not. Did you apply specifically for MAC, or was it just a general cosmetics department interview? If you did apply for MAC, and if scheduling was your only conflict, have you considered freelancing? It might work better for your schedule. If you interviewed with MAC, the manager could refer you to the freelancing program and you could go from there.

amoona

you have to hold a position for six months. it sucks about macys but i heard a lot of department stores are like that.

pinki3

i applied for the regular cosmetic counters. yeah it does suck. *sigh* lets see 2m if i even get the giftwrap job.
weeping.gif
hmm.gif