What happens to testers?

Teggy

They usually just stay out, sometimes with a "sold out" sticker, until the tester product runs out.

wetwater

I understand that, but they're usually 'less-tested' once it's sold out, so ultimately do they just find their way into the trash?

InspiredBlue

Yes. Where else would they go?
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Well, testers are after all necessary so we can make informed decisions when buying products. If you want to talk about waste, then all the items returned (they are thrown away) in the US for no other reason then that the customer changed their mind are a much bigger deal IMO.
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha5150
Testers at my counter are either stolen or thrown away.

th_LMAO.gif
Yeah, I forgot about that option.

Teggy

Either way, leftover testers can not be sold. Eww! It's dangerous enough putting that stuff on your face (but I do anyway). Still, I'd always prefer to try stuff on there and be really sure. I know I can exchange or return, and often do, but I still feel guilty about it.
cry.gif

LMD84

lol to the person who said they get stolen! i'm not shocked at all... it's just gross though!
tong.gif

Junkie

A counter here in Toronto sold their Ripe Peach tester to an irate customer who came too late to buy one. She threw a fit and they caved and just sold it to her. Ew.

January

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
lol to the person who said they get stolen! i'm not shocked at all... it's just gross though!
tong.gif

At my counter...Someone kept stealing the black lipstick from Style Black
th_LMAO.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
A counter here in Toronto sold their Ripe Peach tester to an irate customer who came too late to buy one. She threw a fit and they caved and just sold it to her. Ew.

... WTF? Can they do that? Sounds like they'd get in big trouble for that. It's not a matter of customer service anymore but a health concern!

Cleopatruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Well, testers are after all necessary so we can make informed decisions when buying products. If you want to talk about waste, then all the items returned (they are thrown away) in the US for no other reason then that the customer changed their mind are a much bigger deal IMO.
smiles.gif

I agree; such a waste. :[
Especially on LE items.

ms.marymac

At our counter we would clean them up and store them for future use. There were so many reissues, it actually worked out because we would not have to make another tester.

HOTasFCUK

I remember a few years ago on here, some girl really wanted a certain pigment but they sold out so the MA just gave her whatever was left in the tester. I think there was another story where another girl got a free MSF since it was sold out too. Blah i don't think i could do it!