What helps oily skin?

so_siqqq

I've been using Aveeno's Positively Radiant. It's a light oil free lotion but my skin still gets oily. Does anyone know a product/lotion that helps restrain oils and help keep the face matte for most of the day?

AlliSwan

It doesn't work for that LONG for me, but MAC's Oil Control Lotion has definitely slowed the production of oil in my skin, so over time it's worked wonders. I occasionally have to use some blot powder throughout the day, but my skin is way better than it used to be.

Dreamergirl3

I use Philosophy's The Present. Its a "clear powder" that sops up oil and does keep it at bay. I use it after I use a deep cleaning astringent and then of course set with translucent powder and am shine free for hours! HTH!

xquisitevietma

There's the Body Shop moisturizer that is suppose to give a matte feeling afterwards, i believe it's the seaweed moisturizer. They can give you a little sample of it. or there's the cheaper version that should give the same effect, Biore's shine control moisturizer.

user3

Have you tried a light coat of Milk of Magnesia before you makeup? You can also use it as a mask.
I haver super oily skin! This really helps to slow down the oil during the day.
I find if I do a mask of MoM before I take a shower that also helps.

As for a moisturizer I use Pond's Dramatic results skin brightening one. It doesn't help control the oil but it doesn't make me greasy or break me out. It also does not make me more oily.

Jennifer Mcfly

I used the Aveeno stuff too and it made my skin so greasy. My favorite combo is a little Origins Matte Scientist under my oil free moisturizer. I use Oil of Olay-oil free. But the Origins stuff works wonders. You put it on and it lasts all day no matter what you're doing! I've used it when I've gone to clubs or if I've been outdoors all day and no shine or grease feeling at all. I highly recommend it!!! Good luck!!

so_siqqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
I used the Aveeno stuff too and it made my skin so greasy. My favorite combo is a little Origins Matte Scientist under my oil free moisturizer. I use Oil of Olay-oil free. But the Origins stuff works wonders. You put it on and it lasts all day no matter what you're doing! I've used it when I've gone to clubs or if I've been outdoors all day and no shine or grease feeling at all. I highly recommend it!!! Good luck!!

The Origins Matte Scientist seems like a try. I'll most def. go to the mall tomorrow and try it out.

xquisitevietma

i just bought the Neutrogena rapid clear oil control foaming cleanser and i think it really works. my skin was always really oily even like 20 minutes after putting foundation on. now it isn't throughout the day. but it kinda overdries the skin a little but i like it.

jess98765

clinique 3 step is a god for this problem- use number 3 or 4 i think it is, and your'll be all sweet!

TIERAsta

i also have neutrogena rapid clear oil control foaming cleanser. and i totally agree. it does help my skin stay oil-free, but it does dry out my skin a little. especially my cheeks.

mspixieears

I am prone to oily skin when I use moisturiser with sunscreen and just posted in another thread that Jurlique lavender (or rose available as well) silk dust, a slightly scented white loose powder, really helps mattify the face. It's not very travel-friendly, but it's fantastic. I tried it out when my face was a damn oil slick and it kept the oil away for the rest of the day!

Jurlique silk dust, available in lavender or rose. Lavender I think was recommended for naturally oilier skins.

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess98765
clinique 3 step is a god for this problem- use number 3 or 4 i think it is, and your'll be all sweet!

But be carful if you tend to sensitive skin! My skin is pretty usual and when i use the 3-step-system I take my toner in #2 and it feels very agressive.... and #3 & #4's toner are much more agressive!

haha_noodlez

I have super oily skin too. I've already tried the Origins Matte Scienctist and I have to disagree. I would slap that on after my shower and my face would end up oily after 30 mins or so and I used that religiously until I ran out. I now use MAC's matte cream and in my opinion, works wonders. I apply that to the oiliest part of my face then top it off the the moisture feed/skin. My face will still get shiny but thats usually hours down the line which you can always use some blot powder. Hope that helps you out a little.

Oh, I heard that H20 moisterizer is great for oily skin but I don't remember which one only that its' $28.

DaisyDee

The only thing that keeps me oil-free for hours is Bath & Body Works Burdock Root Skin Mattifier. I think it's about $14 a tubeand the tube lasts for about a month if used daily. You can apply it both over or under foundation. This is my HG to stay matte!!
smiles.gif

JunkaLunk

LANCOME PURE FOCUS LOTIOIN!

i seriously seriously recommend this. its 32 dollars but very much worth it. I live in the desert, very dry weather so my skin just produces more oil. i only apply it in the morning to my oily areas because my cheap ass wants to make it last hahaha. if you dont want to buy it right away just try it out at a department store or something and see how it works for the rest of the day. Sephora sells it as well.

but good luck.

BuyMeLipGloss

i am oily as HELL, and most foundations don't even stand a chance lasting the day on my skin, but what really helps is a good foundation primer - the best i've found so far is English Ideas clear.

for a cheaper alternative, however, Philosophy's the present (the one in the tube) works really well too.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMeLipGloss
i am oily as HELL, and most foundations don't even stand a chance lasting the day on my skin, but what really helps is a good foundation primer - the best i've found so far is English Ideas clear.

You're Korean? So is my b/f and his skin was insanelly oily too and he was breaking out so bad Proactive could barelly control it. I got him to change his diet, as in cuting back on fast food, drink less soda, drink more water & green tea. Now his skin is practically normal with maybe the occasional breakout.
I agree though, primers are a deff. great way to matt the skin. If they don't control it entirelly you can always keep a small pack of those blotting papers in your purse. I'm partial to using the Boscia Fresh Blotting Linens. You can get them for 3 different skin types: All Types, oil control for sensitive, & calming and balancing for sensitive skin.

annestacey

i use baby pink's milky base by itself or underneath my makeup to control my oily nose area. it's about $5 or so on sasa.com. shipping is really cheap ($6) so i stock up on this stuff like crazy. i have extreme loyalty to asian skin care products because they're made especially for asian skin.

adorkable

I have been plagued with oily skin since puberty and have tried a million and one oil control products. So far, the one that seems to work the best is the one I started using a couple months ago.

BIORE SHINE CONTROL MOISTURIZER!!!

They actually have a whole line of shine control stuff, but I only use the moisturizer and the mask because I need other products that are for acne instead. If you've tried a million things with no luck, though, give that stuff a try!

Ariesgirly

I have super oily skin too, so I know how frustrating it is finding a product to work. I just bought DDF oil free mattifying moisturizer with SPF15. It really makes my skin less oily & I use Benefit Get Even powder. So far, I really like the way they work together.
wavey.gif