What is a good setting powder?

UndeadSuburbia

Hey everyone. I'm pretty much working on my make up collection again from scratch. I'm doing good so far but I was wondering about drugstore powders. I'm pretty much looking for something to set my make up, and I do have oily skin. Any recommendations would be great
smiles.gif
Thanks.
th_DANCE.gif

staceb1990

I've been loving my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, especially if I need just a little bit more coverage with liquid foundation. As far as translucent powders, Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder. The packaging is awful, but the product is great (and cheap).

Candy Christ

I used to use some Almay powder for oily skin, it was really good too. It's a bit pricey for drugstore in my opinion, almost $13. But it was really good.

Dreamergirl3

L'Oreal Translucide powder is my favorite setting powder! Very finely milled and never settles. It's almost impossible to over apply.

I have oily/combo skin and find that it doesn't control oil as well as I'd like. To fix that, I set my makeup with Translucide and dust a mattifying powder on my nose. N.Y.C.'s loose powder is good, super cheap, and has kaolin clay in it which helps keep oil at bay.

tokidoki1825

I second NYC powder! I've used the loose and pressed, and I like both of them. I'm pale and use translucent. It's really finely milled and looks nice on, and it definitely does a good job controlling oil and setting foundation.

Cyclothymic

Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder. It costs about $5 online at stores that sell threatrical makeup.
MU139.jpg

LMD84

i have an poily forehead and the powder i use is l'oreal true match powder. it does a great job of setting my foundation and it stops the oilys!

Ziya

I like RCMA colorless powder its great, non cakey and CHEAP at theatre supply stores

User38

Has anyone tried the Cornsilk.. yes, it is older than most of us, but it works especially for giving a matte look to the skin. Other than this from DS brands, I love Coty.. the scent makes me feel glamouros.. lol
greengrin.gif

i dont consider myself oily- just normal skin
but i use NYC translucent loose powder along with revlon color stay ..
sometimes i use a primer sometimes i dont (always use a base before eyeshadow- loreal decrease or mac paint or paint pot)
i dont touch up all day!! it works well for me!!
also colorstay eyeliner lasts all day!!
specktra_rocks.gif

mz_ELLE

I second the Rimmel powder. I have pretty oily skin and this works great for me. I bought it from Wal-Mart and wasn't too expensive at all.. though I don't remember the actual price.