What is going on?

forevernars

I bought some mac shadows on my recent purchase at mac and one was knight divine & sumptuous olive they both say 1.3 g for size but I've seen so many other people have there knight divine and sumptuous olive eyeshadows at the full size 1.5? I'm wondering what the heck is going on? Why am I getting stiffed with different sizing? The same thing happened to me with Nars shadows I had a few singles that were 2.2 g when the size has always been known to be 3.5 g. I'm just wondering why I seem to be getting the short end of the stick here with these brands? Does anyone know why the sizing is off?

gildedangel

Veluxe Pearls are 1.3g, that has always been how the weight goes as far as I am aware. VPs are less dense in formula, so they don't weigh as much as the other formulas. I have been collecting MAC for 2-3 years and all of my VPs are 1.3g.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Veluxe Pearls are 1.3g, that has always been how the weight goes as far as I am aware. VPs are less dense in formula, so they don't weigh as much as the other formulas. I have been collecting MAC for 2-3 years and all of my VPs are 1.3g.

yep... just checked a couple of my VP's and this is true
smiles.gif

forevernars

Hmmm ok but I have knight divine and it says 1.3 but I've seen so many other womens knight divine and it shows full size 1.5 if you do a search for KD on ebay or makeupalley on pics look at some of them and they say 1.5?

gildedangel

I have searched up and down MUA and ebay for a picture of the label, and I cannot find one that says 1.5 g. Most of them simply claim 1.5 g because that is what every other finish is; they probably assume that it is the same across the board because they never looked. There is also a very similar LE color called "Knight" (released with BBR a year ago) that may have the 1.5 g because it is a different finish. Could you post a link to a picture of the label on the bottom of one that says 1.5 g?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Whew for a second I was gonna get mad that the pigments are getting downsized, and now eyeshadows! Thank you ladies for setting it straight for me!
greengrin.gif

sleepyhead

nars eyeshadows could be either 2.2g or 3.5g. i just checked bali that i bought from 4 years ago, and it's 2.2g, so the size is definitely not new.

iirc, the nars e/s made in canada are labelled 2.2g, and ones made in US are labelled 3.5g (or is it the other way around) but they are actually the same size and depth (i depot them)

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
I have searched up and down MUA and ebay for a picture of the label, and I cannot find one that says 1.5 g. Most of them simply claim 1.5 g because that is what every other finish is; they probably assume that it is the same across the board because they never looked.

Exactly, they probably have a template they use for posting and just change the colour name without a thought on changing the size.

Any of the Veluxe Pearls that I've ever had are the 1.3g.

gildedangel

Thanks for posting the pics! Are all of these pictures from eBay? I dug through my MAC box stash and all of my VP boxes say 1.3 g, although I do not personally own KD. I see a few different possibilities:
1) A long time ago they were 1.5 g (like several years ago, but I don't think that 1.5 g will fit in a pan...)
2) The boxes shown are fakes (when I searched on eBay for this shadow there was an obnoxious amount of obvious fakes, and some fakes are nearly undectable these days)
3) The boxes were misprinted (an unlikely possibility).
I am going to email MAC about this and see what's up!

BunnyBunnyBunny

If they are Veluxe Pearls that say 1.5 they are fake. The manufacturer is using a template and didnt adjust it, like you guys noted.

Makeup Emporium

I also have Knight, Star Violet, Femme fi, warming trend, dazzlelight, falling star, flashtrack, moon's reflection, satellite dreams and on and on that are all Veluxe Pearls and they are all 1.3g/.04 us oz.

If you got it from MAC they are obviously real. You should be worried if yours was 1.5g instead of the 1.3g and not the other way around.

You got the real deal and chances are the 1.5g ones are fake.

forevernars

The very first picture was from ebay. And the second two are from makeupalley from actual members? So I don't know?

gildedangel

Lots of people buy MAC off of eBay, it is possible that fakes are posted in MUA too. Some fakes are so good that you have to pop out the insert and look at the bottom of the insert to be able to tell the difference. The pictures you posted certainly don't seem like obvious fakes, but the boxes give it away. Rest assured that yours is real (since you bought it at MAC) and that you are not getting ripped off.
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

I've checked all my VPs and they are all 1.3g. If they say 1.5g they are FAKE. This includes:

Aquavert
Crystal Avalanche
Expensive Pink
Falling Star
Femme-Fi
Fertile
Firespot
Flashtrack
Henna
Knight
Knight Divine
Love Lace
Shore Leave
Silver Ring
Silverthorn
Soft Force
Suave Intentions
Zonk Bleu!

I have a few more but I don't have that palette with me. This solidifies VPs as all being 1.3 in my mind since these are all different colors (Limited Edition and permanent) from the past 4ish years.

LMD84

Quote:
Lots of people buy MAC off of eBay, it is possible that fakes are posted in MUA too. Some fakes are so good that you have to pop out the insert and look at the bottom of the insert to be able to tell the difference. The pictures you posted certainly don't seem like obvious fakes, but the boxes give it away. Rest assured that yours is real (since you bought it at MAC) and that you are not getting ripped off.
smiles.gif

yes people have mentioned that they have bought fakes of MUA before so i wouldn't trust the pictures.
ssad.gif
at least you know yours is authetic! as i said all my vp's are 1.3 just like the other posters. we can't all be wrong right?!
smiles.gif

gildedangel

Include Beautiful Iris, Satellite Dreams, Shimmermoss, Da Bling, Stars and Rockets, Plum Dressing, Sumptuous Olive, Freshwater, Moon's Reflection, Love Lace, Suave Intentions, Twinks, Antiqued, Gorgeous Gold, All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Dazzlelight, and Coppering to that list!
smiles.gif

Latest posts