What is it about the Shu Uemura eyelash curlers?

fleur de lis

That makes them so good?

I apologise for the really newbie-ish question! I've seen and heard so many people tout them as the best eyelash curlers ever, but I'm not sure what exactly it is about them that makes them the best?

Anyone able to explain/enlighten me? :)

Honey&LemonGirl

I would have to say it's a combination of: 1) perfect curvature around the eye (curved enough to grab all of your lashes, but not so curved that it pinches the corners of your eyelids), and 2) the right amount of gentle (but not too gentle) pressure that gives you a curled appearance. A lot of cheaper eyelash curlers will give my lashes a sharp angle (which makes your lashes look like bug legs) instead of a true curl when you press down on the handle onto your lashes.

I remember reading an article nearly ten years ago about Shu Uemura (the makeup artist, passed away several years back) and how he worked for an extremely long time to engineer his lash curler perfectly, paying attention to every single tiny detail.

smoohead

I actually like the mini one better. I find it gets every lash and it hardly ever pinches.

I was looking for it on Sephora 2 weeks ago and it said that they were going to stop carrying it in the US. So you should get one while you can.

adruci

I bought a Shu eyelash curler 8 yrs ago from Heathrow dutyfree - it was in all the mags then as being the best and seriously I don't get it. It was wildly expensive at the time (about $44) and seriously I much prefer my MAC one. I never felt like it's "perfect curvature" was way to shallow to grab the lashes it needed to. Everyone has a different shaped eye socket and lash line and it DID NOT work for me. So don't believe the hype.

cavande

I really love my Shu Uemura eyelash curler, but I'm not sure I see anything super special about it either. It does give my eyelashes a good curl, but I don't necessarily think they work some sort of magic that no other curlers can achieve.

MissTiffany2U

I bought a Shu Uemura eyelash curler about a year ago and I can't say that I think it's anything different or super special. I saw someone raving about the NARS lash curler. I'm going to either try that one or MAC's next

Amber714

I have heard great reviews about this eye lash curler and will be looking to purchase one soon. I hope it lives up to its reputation

BeckyBenett

ive only ever used shu uemura.. and since its something i dont need more than one of, i guess the price did not bother me.. also, it grabs all my eyelashes which i love..

Babylard

The shu actually fails me. I love the tarte one more. It kind of depends on your eyes. You'd have to try it to see if it works for you.

MidnightSun

I waited weeks for my Shu curler to arrive only to be disappointed when it got here because it doesn't grab all my lashes.

Honey&LemonGirl

It definitely depends on the curvature of your eyes. If you have very rounded eyes (in profile) vs. if your eyes/eye area is flatter.

DILLIGAF

I have never found a eyelash curler that makes my lashes look any different. I was blessed with a natural curl to my lashes ( thanks dad). So every eyelash curler I've tried makes my lashes look the exactly same after use as the did before. The one I havent tried is the Shu Uemura. Maybe I should?

i find it amazing, it's that it actually gets the eyelashes that are right on the corner... some eyelash curlers pinch onto your eyelids. The Shu Uemura gets your eyelashes, it's really good for asian eyes especially! It gets the right shape, and it actually gets all your eyelashes. It's an eyelash curler that actually won't kill your eyelashes. Absolutely amazing <3

MrsBombshell

This post just reminded me that I have to order a new Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. I used one for years, needed a new one and by that point they had stopped selling in the US. So, I bought a Shiseido curler and didn't like it at all, and now have been using a Le Metier de Beaute Curler and while it is ok, it is no Shu Uemura. They are the absolute best curlers on the market and can turn any lashes into curled perfection.

Kat K

I don't think the Shu Uemura eyelash curler is that amazing. It's good and it works decently well but I guess just not with my eye shape. I have very round eyes and it tends to miss the lashes on the outer corners of my eye. I'm still looking for my HG eye lash curler. It really all depends on the shape and curvature of your eyes.

MrsBombshell

I think the Shu curler is amazing. I needed a new one just as they stopped selling in US stores, so I tried Shiseido and Le Metier de Beaute, and they don't come anywhere near Shu Uemura results for me.

Latest posts