What is the best makeup for ageless skin?

hundove

Hello
smiles.gif

What is the best (and is made from the most natural ingredients) makeup for taking care of the skin's youth, one that will not age skin? I know that MAC is good quality, but is it natural/good for the skin? Are there natural makeups that won't harm the skin? What about mineral makeup? Are they harmless and is it true you can sleep in them? Thanks for any help.

ForgetRegret

Honestly, I'd say if you're concerned with taking care of your skin, and keeping it looking its' best, you need to start with your skincare routine...makeup isn't necessarily going to do that for you. At the forefront, always start with a good moisturizer...whether your skin's oily or dry, keeping it well hydrated (this includes your neck and eyes, which are often forgotten) and protected from the sun is going to be key in keeping a youthful appearance. HTH!

User38

Ageless skin? err, the only way to have it is to 1. inherit it 2. take care of it from an early age. This means the right cleansing, moisturizing, deep cleaning, and deep moisturizing. A system which gets adapted to your age and skin needs (environment, sun etc.).

As for makeup: I don't think, nor have I encountered makeup which will keep you ageless. You can get different products to make you seem ageless and if you apply them correctly you will knock off years from your face.

That being said, bad makeup or makeup badly applied will age you.

MAC is not one of my preferred lines for foundation products.

Good luck!

hundove

Thank you. As for makeup, I'm concerned that it will age my skin, the more I wear it and meant that I wanted to know if there is any natural makeup that won't harm the skin. Thanks and hope this clarifies my question.

kathyp

Makeup won't "age" your skin. It could irritate it, contribute to breakouts, or cause a reaction if you're allergic to a particular ingredient, but it won't age your skin. If you're concerned about it, however, look for antioxidants added to foundations or tinted moisturizers, and always, always wear a broad spectrum sunscreen. I prefer to wear sunscreen under my makeup, but some people like a foundation with added SPF.