What is the best paint pot for neutrals and browns?

Belini

I have painterly but id like a PP that has more brown tones but their are quite a few to choose from. In terms of eyeshadows in browns I have bronze, embark, espresso, satin taupe, mulch. Thanks!

gigglegirl

with bronze and satin taupe, i'd use a frosty one like indianwood or constructivist to kick it up a notch. or use something like groundwork if you want something more muted (not frosty).

my chioce would be indianwood (i'm not much a fan of rubenesque, I don't know if i just got a crappy drier one or what).

BunnyBunnyBunny

My favorite paint pot for a brown eye is Quite Natural from the N Collection. I love it with Satin Taupe over it. It's also perfect for a dramatic brown-toned smokey eye. We still have it at my counter so it may still be possible for you to get one.

I also like Groundwork. It is very soft and light enough for neutral eyes, but dark enough to transition into a smokier or darker look.

rbella

I use constructivist all the time to make my browns more bronzy, Indianwood to make it more gold-toned, groundwork for a less flashy and more muted brown look and bare study for a muted brown with a bit of sheen.

Belini

hmmm now I'm so confused. I'll have to go and try because I dont know what look im looking for, just want to make my browns more vibrant.

gigglegirl

oh snap. rbella you have me now wanting all the above! (I actually think I need to get blackground too, its stunning!) ive gotten samples but i think i may go full size....indianwood, constructivist, blackground, *maybe* groundwork.

glam8babe

theres a browny coloured p/p coming out with the Ungaro collection
smiles.gif

dreamiez

I need recommendations for a paint pot that's multi purpose, being able to go with lots of colours.

any to recommend?

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
My favourite is Groundwork! I use it every day as a base for my browns.

I love Groundwork, a perfect light brown with a sheen so not matte but not too shimmery-glittery!

cipelica

Groundwork or Quite Natural or Constructivist? What is the diffrence?
I need cooler toned one (not warm toned one) one...
And....why does Groundwork on the MAC web look green?

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipelica
Groundwork or Quite Natural or Constructivist? What is the diffrence?
I need cooler toned one (not warm toned one) one...
And....why does Groundwork on the MAC web look green?

Groundwork is cooler toned, lighter, and has no shimmer. Constructivist is a reddish brown with shimmer. I've always wondered why Groundwork looks green on the site, too... like vomit, LOL

Latest posts