What is the best sunblock for oily skin?

milika

My skin is very oily in summer time so im looking for a good sunblock, that dont leave my face white and also light texture so i wont get more oily.
thanks for ur comments :D i love them :D

thursdaynxt19

Are you used to using mineral sunscreens? When I first switched to mineral sunscreens with titanium oxide and zinc oxide, I found that most of them leave a slight white cast. I don't remember having that problem with chemical sunscreens though. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch worked for me, and I have oily skin.

Nowadays I just put up with the white cast because my skin's become more sensitive to chemical sunscreens.
It's really not that noticeable under powder or tinted moisturizer IMO.

SweetJoy

Physical sunscreen ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are great because they protect from both UVA and UVB rays, but because they're literally a physical barrier from the sun, they leave a white cast. If you want to avoid that, your best bet is to find a sunscreen with Avobenzone, or basically anything that ends in "benzone". Avobenzone is a chemical sunscreen that protects from UVA rays without leaving a white cast. The SPF number on the bottle is an indication of the protection from UVB rays, but that doesn't necessarily mean it protects from UVA rays, the rays that cause aging, so make sure to check the ingredients.

If you're looking for something for oily skin, try looking for words like fluid or liquid. These are less likely to contain ingredients that will make your skin feel oilier. Also, waterproof sunscreens tend to be a bit less oily since they're formulated not to rub off or wear away easily, so you might want to look out for that. I know for a fact Neutrogena has a high spf liquid sunscreen, and Murad apparently also has one, so those might be worth checking out.

milika

thanks :) actually i was reading about the neutrogena pure & free liquid daily sunblock spf 50 but now that i read your comments I'm going to look for the ones you told me about.

SweetJoy

np, glad I helped =]

I was hoping I didn't sound too much like a textbook, I guess I can get carried away when it come to skincare.

Let us know what you end up getting!

antigone21

I'm not particularly oily and I haven't worn it for a full day, but when I tried the Laroche-Posay sunscreen at the store I was blown away by how fast it dried to a completely matte finish. Too bad they only had the tester left, I would have bought it instead of the Vichy which is kind of shiny on me.

shadowaddict

Hi, I have very oily skin and I am really liking this new one from Neutrogena . It is suppose to be the first one like this sold in America and very similar to a lot of the popular ones on the Asian market. It is Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50 . . This is one of the best I've tried. It has a kind of ball thingie in it that you can hear when you shake it up. My daughter has started using it also. Her skin is not as oily as mine but much more sensitive. Hope this helps some.

milika

never try this brand, how much is it?

I'm not particularly oily and I haven't worn it for a full day, but when I tried the Laroche-Posay sunscreen at the store I was blown away by how fast it dried to a completely matte finish. Too bad they only had the tester left, I would have bought it instead of the Vichy which is kind of shiny on me.

milika

thanks :) actually after i read your post i went out to try to find it but i couldn't :( where do you buy it?

Hi, I have very oily skin and I am really liking this new one from Neutrogena . It is suppose to be the first one like this sold in America and very similar to a lot of the popular ones on the Asian market. It is Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50 . . This is one of the best I've tried. It has a kind of ball thingie in it that you can hear when you shake it up. My daughter has started using it also. Her skin is not as oily as mine but much more sensitive. Hope this helps some.

thursdaynxt19

I think La Roche Posay's pretty affordable at $20 something. I've also seen Neutrogena Pure & Free liquid sunblock at Target, Walgreens, and CVS. HTH

mochabean

I have combination skin and just recently tried a sample travel size of Shiseido Urban Environment 35 SPF. It spreads very easily, quickly, and dries matte. In fact, I use that as my makeup primer. Been using it every day for a week and I have not broken out from it. My face seems to like it, so I'm gonna slurge and buy the full size bottle, which retails for $30 at my local Macy's. If you have a Shiseido counter, you should ask them for a free sample to try it out first to see if your skin likes it. So far this sunscreen is the only one that does not give me the oilies! Love it.

milika

ROlean

I also have quite oily skin, which is sensitive to chemical sunscreens. Peter Thomas Roth makes a great variety of powder mineral sunscreens. They come in a self-dispensing brush, and blend in really well. You can get them from Sephora for $30.

ModaVistaYT

I really like Hawaiian Tropic Sensitive Face Sun Lotion SPF30 - its oil-free, fragrance-free and feels nice and light on the skin. I prefer it to any primer that I've tried!

milika

oh yes, i saw it but i wasn't sure if it really works. and i want it to try the one you said but i got one of those self dispensing brush and didn't work :( but maybe i can go and check it out. thanks :)

I also have quite oily skin, which is sensitive to chemical sunscreens. Peter Thomas Roth makes a great variety of powder mineral sunscreens. They come in a self-dispensing brush, and blend in really well. You can get them from Sephora for $30.

milika

never thought in this brand but i can go and look at it. thanks:)
nice blog :)

I really like Hawaiian Tropic Sensitive Face Sun Lotion SPF30 - its oil-free, fragrance-free and feels nice and light on the skin. I prefer it to any primer that I've tried!