What is the frequency of MAC events / Launch Parties?

Rudyru

I just wanted to know MAC's frequency of events. For example, their recent Hello Kitty event or last year's 'Red,' She Said. How often do they have these simultaneous huge events, rather than those smaller sporadic ones that often only appear at counters?

MAC_Whore

Re: frequency of events?

It kind of depends on the collection. If it is a major collection, i.e. a holiday or a collaboration, there is probably a good chance there will be big promotional events. Generally these also have a lot of product, as well.

A cute little collection like Naked Honey, not so much. I't just wouldn't draw the crowds.

BunnyBunnyBunny

There are two types of events: The corporate event, and the counter event. Corporate sends us dates and often shirts/accessories to go along with 'corporate' events. They are events that the higher ups have designed and assigned the date and such. There is one "main" collection per season, and as a result there is one corporate event per season.

In between corporate events there are counter events where it is all up to the counter manager and team. My counter had an event for Dame Edna and Brunette Blonde Redhead. We as a counter decided we were having one and when it was going to be.

Corporate sent us shirts as well as guidelines for our Hello Kitty event. They also assigned the date and this date is nationally the event date for Macy's MAC counters.

bananarchy

So how often do they an unveiling party for a collection

Like they have done with HK and Barbie, etc.?

aziajs

Re: So how often do they an unveiling party for a collection

Hmmm....they usually do it for big collections meaning high profile collaborations ie. Barbie, Fafi, Heatherette, etc. But they also have them for other collections too. So, they might have big events 2-3 times a year, depending on your location.

Rudyru

Thank you so much!

However, last year to me was a blur (and it was just last month!). I remember Heatherette, Cult of Cherry, and 'Red,' She Said.