What is up with MUA? Did I miss something?

MAC_addict_77

Why are the girls over there so certain that Parrot will be re-released with the Turquotic (sp?) collection?

MAC_addict_77

I think it might have something to do with the name. I remember people saying how fitting it would be to bring back parrot. I am guessing it just got carried away. I remember my MA telling me that it will to come back out. Remember Marley?

Turbokittykat

They're also insisting that Pleasureflush and some of the other older skinfinishes will be re-released. I think a lot of it is wishful thinking that somehow gets escalated to "fact" by Chinese whispers. Someone says 'oh, wouldn't it be great if Parrot was re-released with Turquatic', which leads to someone saying 'I heard Parrot might be re-released with Turquatic', which becomes 'I heard Parrot will be re-released with Turquatic'.

I'm just waiting to see.

Madam E

I suspect though, with a name like "Turquatic", this collection may release colours very similar to Parrot...

MACgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
They're also insisting that Pleasureflush and some of the other older skinfinishes will be re-released. I think a lot of it is wishful thinking that somehow gets escalated to "fact" by Chinese whispers. Someone says 'oh, wouldn't it be great if Parrot was re-released with Turquatic', which leads to someone saying 'I heard Parrot might be re-released with Turquatic', which becomes 'I heard Parrot will be re-released with Turquatic'.

I'm just waiting to see.

i agree with you 100%, we'll just have to wait and see though, here's for hopin! lol, and can you imagin how fast it will sell out if it did come out with turquatic??? lol

enka

Quote:

I'm just waiting to see.

Honestly, I love MUA and read it often but it's no reliable source for me. It's full of roumors all the time and so it is with Parrot.

pinkfeet

Quote:

I'm just waiting to see.

I will believe it when I see it and even if they do its no guaranetee it will be exatly the same!

I think some members say it will be released because they want to swap for it and dont want to swap for current value - only retail which is a whole other Oprah show on that topic!

The funny thing they say they heard it from *here* but even though posts here are not for sure, you know?

gigiproductions

LMAOOO them chicks on MUA are on something they swear up and down ALL THE TIME that HTF items will be released LOL ..they make me chuckle i guess they want to make themselves feel better that they dont have the HTF item

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam E
I suspect though, with a name like "Turquatic", this collection may release colours very similar to Parrot...

I agree. Even if it's not Parrot it may be something close or even better.

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfeet
I think some members say it will be released because they want to swap for it and dont want to swap for current value - only retail which is a whole other Oprah show on that topic!

LOL, yeah, I think there's a lot of that too. As well as the comment Gigi made about wanting to feel better about not having it. They're telling themselves it's ok because it will be re-released and then they can laugh at the people who're paying high prices for it.

However, if they're so certain it's going to be re-released, why try to swap for it at all, know what I mean? LOL

beautenoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinemelanie
I thought turquatic was going to be perfume or something - I didn't know it included makeup. ?? LoL I'm lost.

It is a perfume, but they are bringing out a color collection later this year...I can't even think about it right now, I'm still trying to figure out how i am going to afford sweetie cake, so I'm going to take it one collection at a time and not get to ahead of myself!...It's hard though.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
However, if they're so certain it's going to be re-released, why try to swap for it at all, know what I mean? LOL

lol.gif
Good point!

vicuna1

I so hate jumping on band wagons, or popularity wagons that even if Parrot does come out again, I will probably refuse to buy it. I have an aversion to anything that is extremely hyped and "in". Just a quirk of mine. Now, if it were a basic product, like an eyeshadow base or primer that is truly that much above and beyond all others, that's different. But a color? Nah. I get all stubborn and dig my heels into the sand.

lara

Innuendo and desperately wished-for rumours masked as solid fact - ah, I love it!

lindseylouike

Though I agree that the re-release talk is all wishful thinking, I'm kind of annoyed by the condescending nature that's developed in this thread with the attitude about have/have-nots and not wanting to pay an exorbitant amount for something.

user4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicuna1
I so hate jumping on band wagons, or popularity wagons that even if Parrot does come out again, I will probably refuse to buy it. I have an aversion to anything that is extremely hyped and "in". Just a quirk of mine. Now, if it were a basic product, like an eyeshadow base or primer that is truly that much above and beyond all others, that's different. But a color? Nah. I get all stubborn and dig my heels into the sand.

i kind of agree with you... its a nice color but it's a green/blue... how many times in my life am i really gonna wear it. i will buy it however and maybe a few to swap/sell later on... lol. but, honestly i dont think it's coming out... even thought... with all the hype parrot gets and the ridiculous prices people pay for it... it would be smart of MAC to re-release...

Latest posts