what is with people today?!

as_cute_as_pie

well the other day i dyed my hair dark brown well its almost black and to stop looking like wednesday adams I decided to treat myself to a new blusher
so i went to a department store to get a new blusher, foundation and concealer and a the new make up bag from Benefit
So I headed straight to the cosmetics bit and went straight to MAC stood there for about a second and realised there was a few people waiting and the Benefti counter was empty to I went to get my bag first.
Got it and went back to the MAC counter and waited by the blushers looking very confused as to what to get lol then suddnely realised that Benefit had given me the wrong change so I went back over got the right change and went back to MAC (heh b2m lol) anyway i waited around the blushers for another 5 mins trying to get someones attention, both SA were busy then when one was free i stood a bit taller on my tippy toes to grab her attention she starts to walk over and goes straight to a girl whos suddnenly just appeared half a metre from me and doesn't even register that im there
I wait a bit more then walk round the other side to the foundations and wait with all the products I want in my hand
I wait wait and wait and in the time I get no 'ill be right with you' or anything no less than FIVE people who come straight to the counter get served before me and the icing on the cake is when one of the SA is finished and looks straight through me then goes and stands at the till doing NADA
oh dear i almost felt like throwing all my stuff down in anger and storming off
i eventuallyyyy get served and walk out in a less than happy mood...

before I go home i go and grab a magazine Im waiting in the queue to pay and see 2 couples of immature very loud gay guys come in and stand behind me
I hear them talking about what cigarettes they should get and then out of nowhere one of them grabs my ass :eek2: i was so horrified I almost screamed so I turn round to give a big old smack in the nose to whoever and see 2 of them have ran off to the corner of the shop rolling around laughing.
I was so gobsmacked I almost hit one of them who was still standing there laughing saying 'omg I cant believe you really did that?'
seriously what a silly day
hmm.gif

SparklingWaves

I feel like I have to watch out everyday. I was at a MAC counter an the MA stated to another MA, "I want you to look very carefully at this woman (pointing at me), she is what you call a MAC addict. This is what they look like." I said, "I want you to look carefully at my lips. I am not a MAC addict. I am a Makeup addict and I walked out the store".

Then, I went out to eat and this waiter asked me how my day was. I replied, "It was really good and how I went to another restaurant earlier and it was fantastic".

He asked if I got better service, because of my breasts. I said, "Oh, you noticed that I have real female breast tissue. Now, these tend to grow or shrink with weight too. Did you know that? However, if you want something that resembles breasts for yourself, you will need to consult a plastic surgeon. They do this procedure called breast augmentation all the time for guys like you. It requires general anesthesia and implants. You get to choose between Saline or Silicone implants. Choices. Choices. Of course, there are risks involved with implants such as, capsular contraction and leakage. His mouth fell open. I said, "Now, are you ready to take my order or do I need to speak with the manager about how your breast obsession is getting in the way of your work performance?" He never said anything cross again.

That's what I experienced yesterday. ((sigh))

All of that behavior you experienced was totally inappropriate. I really can't say how I would have behaved in that situation. Other than reporting all of those people. I just don't know. I am sorry you experienced that.

as_cute_as_pie

wow SparklingWaves i would looove to say something like that and just see their reaction but i wouldn't be able to think of something that quick or if i did i would get jumbled half way through and totally lose my cool lol.
Im working for a year in retail to save some money before i go to University and regualry recieve nasty comments and have awful people come in
I once had a woman who called me 'dim' because I didnt give her the right answer she was looking for
hmm.gif

SparklingWaves

Believe me. I have moments where I can't spell, remember words, and use grammar correctly. But, once in a great while, everything clicks and I shot back right on the mark. It's not often. I make so many mistakes on posts with my writing it's not funny.

I wrote a list for the grocery the other day and my husband asked me, "What are fokes". I meant to write forks. Ughhh!

I use to work around doctors and they were worst about perfect spelling and grammar. I was screamed at by doctor. He said, "You are f***ing dyslexic". I didn't get offended, because I do think that I suffer from some form of dyslexia. After that, he never got the phone number for that particular doctor. It was always wrong every time. tee hee. Dyslexic or not, I made sure he kept dialing different numbers. He had to do the research for himself.

CantAffordMAC

wow. I hate when ur just trying to mind your own business and get a little assistance and people act like its too hard to help you. That sucks.

and about those guys...they're lucky they ran. LoL if it were me, and they didn't run, one of them would have a black eye or a sore jaw. they should not have touched you.

user79

Don't be afraid to speak up if you don't get served at a counter. Just say politely, "Excuse me, I think I was here before you (to the other customer) and I'd also like some help choosing some products to buy." You'll get help.
smiles.gif

Jot

Sorry about your bad day, i hate it when you are trying to do something to pick yourself up and it leaves you feeling twice as bad.
Its a nightmare when the counter is busy and they haven't enough staff on. you feel like a right spare part sometimes just hanging around waiting to be served!

frocher

Sorry about the crappy day. Those guys are just idiots, I would have wanted to smack them too.

nunu

oh im sorry you had a bad day
ssad.gif

when im waiting to be served i just look at the MA's straight in the eye so that they know that i'm waiting. About those guys i wouldn't have a clue on what to do if i were you! It's so rude!
I was in a pub once ages ago i was standing waiting to order my food and i felt a slight tingling on one of my but cheaks (the guy behind me obviously had one of them tools that when you click on do something to you, maybe he was electricuting me but i was 18 back then and didn't know how to react)! i didn't do anything about it at the time because i didn't want the guys behind me know that i knew what they were doing. After i was done i just walked back to my table feeling very angry that they thought it was okay to just touch you up like that in public even though they are not physically touching you. You know what i mean!

Hilly

ugh...Express can be the same way!! I was in line trying to pay, and these SAs just ignored me and continued to chat. Then they helped someone other chick who came after me. Rude asses