What is wrong with my lipglass? :(

Kirsty

I received a Russian Red lipglass in a swap. Upon opening the package, I realised it was kinda old, the writing had rubbed off the tube & half the name on the bottom sticker was gone.

But when I swatched it on my hand, it was odd.. It didn't seem as sticky as all my other lipglasses. Actually kinda watery. And after a few seconds it started to seperate (like when oil doesn't mix with water. It started bunching together in one spot wheras other bits started settling into the lines, like a stain)

It still smells strongly of vanilla. Whats the deal?

soveryfabulous

Maybe you just need to mix it up, swirl the brush around in the tube a few times and see if the texture is better? I've had new lipglasses separate but once they were mixed up, it was fine. If it smells good still, that's a good sign.

Kirsty

I took the plastic thing out the top and gave it a "proper" stir. It seems to have helped a bit, thanks.

LMD84

yes it sounds like it has just seperated overtime. if it smells ok then that's something good - they smell like crayons when they have gone off. however if it keeps seperating after you mix it then maybe you should chuck it? because they say a change in texture is a sign of a gone off product.

StarrySim

That doesn't seem right. If it looks old and acts old, I would just B2M it. I can't believe someone swapped it to you in that condition (unless it was disclosed as a B2M). My pet peeve is people who swap old, heavily used stuff. And especially lipgloss, ugh.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by melzie2121
Sorry to threadjack, but LMD84- I love your new pic!

aw cheers sweetie
smiles.gif