What is your favorite...

Gabriella

I really hope no one has posted this or something like it. I really love all those eyeshadows that I see y'all have that seem almost glittery. I don't know if there is actually glitter, or shimmer in the eyeshadow or if y'all mix it yourself. It seems like all I can find are matte colors! lol So I was wondering what y'alls favorite shimmer/glitter eyeshadows are, or if you mix it yourself is your favorite shimmer/glitter to mix with your eyeshadow! Thanks everyone!

user3

I don't mix anything into mine. Well...glitter/sparkle wise.

It's just the e/s that shimmers or sparkles. At least with me. I don't use a different base under them to make them sparkle.

If you want glitter you should check out Urban Decay eyeshadows!

I don't really have a fave but I do like shimmer ones better than glitter ones.
Of course I guess any MAC e/s is my fave!
smiles.gif
Of course there is always any MAC pigment besides the matte ones.

I am sure the other ladies and guys know of better ones.

BlahWah

I like using a shadestick under my shadows for sparkle. Mind you, I don't (can't, really) apply shadow as heavily as people normally do - I've got sheer makeup on in comparison, so the shadestick shows through.

As for shimmer from shadows themselves, I like my Golden Olive, Goldenaire, Lovely Lily, Melon, Deckchair, Cocoa and Tan pigments, and MAC lustres, particularly Banshee (LE), Honesty, and a pink e/s from the Tailormade Warm Pallette, I think it's called either French Cuff or Women of Means. I'm thinking that Woodwinked, Retrospeck and Expensive Pink would give similar shimmer, but I don't have those so I can't say for sure.

litlaur

I second Urban Decay. Also, Hard Candy and MAC Veluxe Pearl shadows. Some of the MAC pigments are really shimmery or glittery. I don't know of any glitters that are eyesafe.

pumpkincat210

Any of the Lustre eyeshadows from Mac have sparkle/glitter.
Frost eye shadows are my favorites though as i find the lustre's have too much sparkle.
Mac's Velvet eye shadows appear to have glitter in them but it doesn't really show up once its on and are matte colors, i like some of them. Veluxe pearls are shiny and pretty!

Urban Decay is really sparkly. i ran my fingers over the testers at sephora and the glitter literally was popping out!

sweetmelissa

I'd recommend the Urban Decay shadows as many here have. Some are glittery and some are shimmery but great formulas. I also use some shimmery Stila shadows and MAC pigments for shimmery looks.

KJam

If you really like glitter, look into Mac's reflects glitters (in pearl, gold, red, and blue). Applied over a shadow, you'll have lots of fine, sparkly glitter.

mspixieears

Ooh ooh! And if you want gorgeous metallic eyeshadows that are ever so slightly better than MAC veluxe pearl ones, you must try Shu Uemura 'ME' e/s. There should be a cult for these they're so damn good and apparently they have reformulated them and the newer ones aren't as good as the old-school ones.

Shu Uemura! Remember that name!

Gabriella

Thanks for all the suggestions! I don't want too glittery...lol I don't want to look like a disco ball! hehe but I really like the shadows that have some shimmer/sparkle to them.

kimmy

i use a shadestick as a base, too, that gives even matte shadows a slight shimmer
smiles.gif

otherwise, mac's lustre finish shadows have the perfect amount of sparkle for me. my favourite sparkly mac shadows have got to be deep truth, belle azure, liesuretime and humid
greengrin.gif