What is YOUR Most Prized Makeup Possession?? Mine is...

TDoll

(I hope this is in the appropriate spot!! I wasn't sure
th_dunno.gif
)

This is my MOST favorite makeup possession. My grandmother gave it to me on my wedding day to carry in my purse. It's an Estee Lauder compact that she bought in 1968 when she went to buy her wedding dress. (Her first husband, my real grandfather died when my my mom was little, so this was when she remarried.) ANYWAY...it's gorgeous and I thought I would share. It has a thick mother of pearl design and the powder is still in perfect condition!

DSC05927.jpg

DSC05931.jpg

DSC05934.jpg

So vintage or not, what is YOUR most prized makeup possession?

LP_x

Ummm... my Petticoat MSF??
lol.gif
I actually have no idea. Yours is super cute though. It's sooo beautiful, even without the sentimental value.

Oh, and you and your husband make such a cute couple in your avatar
yes.gif

sharkbytes

Mine is similar!!! I have a gold Estee Lauder compact with my zodiac sign etched onto the cover with rhinestones. My mom bought it for me like 10 years ago, and I still love it so much. She gave it to me when I was having a truly horrible day, and it made me feel 1000x better
smiles.gif
Unfortunately, the powder is long gone, but maybe one day i can figure out how to depot something into it.
makeup.jpg

Here's a crappppy webcam pic of it that doesn't do it justice at all.

coachkitten

That is gorgeous Tdoll! My most prized makeup possession is red faux croc vanity case that was my great aunts. It is from the 50s and it is sort of beat up but it is old fashioned and I love it.

TDoll

Sharkbytes, that is so pretty!

Yeah, I don't mean it has to be something old, but just your favorite makeup item. Like um say, my Manish palette for instance...lol. It can be whatever!
smiles.gif

nelyanaphonexia

mine is actually not really "makeup" for my face or anything. My grandmother passed a vintage Chanel No. 5 bottle down to me when I was a small girl. I think it's from Paris in the 1930s. Very deco. I love it. I will have to search for it and post a pic.
greengrin.gif
Thanks for posting this! I love this thread!
greengrin.gif

anita22

I don't have anything antique, but my "prized" item would be my MAC 15-pan eye palette of neutral colours. I have several other 15-pan palettes, but this particular one gets love from me every day and has a lot of LE shades. I'm SO paranoid about dropping it, especially since I'm so clumsy!

user79

Damn, that makes me want to buy a really pretty limited edition compact from something and keep it for the next 50 years untouched to pass down through the family! LOL

Hm probably my "most prized" item is the LE Bobbi Brown Peony shimmerbrick.

spectrolite

^^The powder compact is GORGEOUS TDoll omg. I was drooling over the Estee Lauder Christmas goodies on the Neiman Marcus site earlier. *Hint Hint Santa baby...!*

My most prized beauty related possession is my Chanel LE Coco Mademoiselle solid perfume compact that came out last year or the year before. It is my precioussss >_<

CantAffordMAC

Wow that compact is GORGEOUS

I guess we are just talking about makeup items here? Id say my lollipop loving lipstick and my de menthe eyeshadow...I dont ever want to run out or lose either one...I just love them so much..

sharkbytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
Sharkbytes, that is so pretty!

Yeah, I don't mean it has to be something old, but just your favorite makeup item. Like um say, my Manish palette for instance...lol. It can be whatever!
smiles.gif

Thanks, TDoll! I have to say I love that yours has so much history attached! It makes me want to hang on to mine forever~~

MAC_Pixie04

I don't really have one, but I do have a small fillable perfume bottle from Paris that a friend brought me years ago. I haven't put anything in it, and it sits in a glass cabinet. It's very fragile and ornate, and I'd die if it broke. I can't afford to go Paris and find a new one lol

Latest posts