What kind of contract do you use for freelance?Pro card? ROP

MrsWaves

I'm interested in applying for the mac pro card, have my application ready to send.. can I send copies of my own contracts on my own letter head? Would that work? (+ my business cards) It says on "production company" letter head.
I do mostly prom/dance/special occasion work just freelancing..Any info would be lovely<3

Thanks!
th_wink3.gif

Demosthenes

I sent my card, receipts, and a letter of rec from the manager of a theatre company I work for. I'm pretty sure your business card would work, but you would need to pair it with some kind of outside reference, because a business card and letterhead can be made by anyone with a computer. How would they follow up?

Chelsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes
I sent my card, receipts, and a letter of rec from the manager of a theatre company I work for. I'm pretty sure your business card would work, but you would need to pair it with some kind of outside reference, because a business card and letterhead can be made by anyone with a computer. How would they follow up?

you dont need an outside reference. i submitted business card and comp card. they arent picky about who they let get a PPID.

MrsWaves

Well I *have* contracts w/names & #'s of girls, the contracts are on MY letter head, but Mac can very well follow up if they needed to (since it has signatures, anmes & numbers) I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and send a few contracts & my business card?

I've read & re-read the rules on the pro card, I guess I shoul djust call the number and talk to someone about it. I don't have a comp card or letter of reference..Perhaps I should just take the job that my local CCO offered me.. hehe
smiles.gif
Just part time.

mrskloo

So, If I did makeup for a few people (even if it were just for friends and family) I could use that? I don't have contracts, a business card or anything but I'd certainly make one if that could count towards getting a ppid card.

eyeshadowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes

you dont need an outside reference. i submitted business card and comp card. they arent picky about who they let get a PPID.

Call me stupid but what exactly is a comp card?

beautifulxdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshadowfreak

short for composition card,
a comp card is like a business card except it shows work you done and stuff on it.
Usually you leave them at agencies, send them to the photographers if you model and models/photographers if you do make up.

eyeshadowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulxdisaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshadowfreak

short for composition card,
a comp card is like a business card except it shows work you done and stuff on it.
Usually you leave them at agencies, send them to the photographers if you model and models/photographers if you do make up.

So if I put together pics of makeup I've done on people, I could submit that for a PPID card, right? What other than my name would I have to put on it?

Demosthenes

Quote:
So, If I did makeup for a few people (even if it were just for friends and family) I could use that? I don't have contracts, a business card or anything but I'd certainly make one if that could count towards getting a ppid card.

Are you a freelancer/makeup artist professionally? If you are, then that would count (but then you would need a larger clientele than just F&F)... but if you are just doing makeup for friends and family, that's kind of abusing the system, and you could get in trouble. (Fraud, etc.)

Janice

The only thing I have left to submit my app is a referral letter from Stila, but I am way too shy and can't bring myself to ask the counter manager for it.
oh.gif

Janice

I just can't think of a good way to approach him about it.
ssad.gif
I dunno why, he's super sweet but... I dunno. =|

Demosthenes

When I asked the AD for this theatre I worked for to write me a rec, I explained that the discount would help me with my personal expenses (buying makeup for my kits, etc.) and he was more than happy to do it for me.
smiles.gif
If he's nice, he'll probably write an awesome rec for you that you could use on other jobs/contracts.

RussianSexpot

Do you still need references and whatnot even if you have a cosmetology lisence? I understand how you'd need refferals and stuff if you're free - lancing, but I guess I just assumed if you had a copy of your cosmetology lisence you'd be set..I don't know the rules - they sent out my application to me yesterday.....

mich.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSexpot
Do you still need references and whatnot even if you have a cosmetology lisence? I understand how you'd need refferals and stuff if you're free - lancing, but I guess I just assumed if you had a copy of your cosmetology lisence you'd be set..I don't know the rules - they sent out my application to me yesterday.....

mich.

If you have a Cosmetology license, it doesn't mean you are using your license to do makeup.

You can still get a PPID card for being in the beauty industry, but the discount rate is a bit lower than what you would get if you are a makeup artist.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

hmm ive been thinking of getting a pro card for a few years . i have a cosmo licence , and some business cards. ive only done hair and makeup for proms and weddings & such and just for people i know or people they know. my portfolio is fairly small . im just freelance . i dont want to abuse they system or anything.i guess that i will call the # and see what they tell me

Demosthenes

MxAxC-_ATTACK, you'll definitely get a PPID.
smiles.gif
A license and business card are legit. You should try for it!