What kind of makeup turns you off and why?

DJ_Roxas

Ladies and gentelmen (if there's are any), I just wanted to know what kind a make-up makes you go EWW/turns you off and why.

For me it self-tanners beacuse I think it makes you look fake and plus in my view if you pale or not you're fine the just way you are and also it's disgusting if you have a faux tan even if it's done right it still doesn't look right and the orange streaks, just eww.

Also blush turns me off. Why many people ask me? Well it's because it makes you look like a clown and blush should only be used for Halloween and special occasions like a dinner date or graduation but if you do make sure it looks natural and not clown-like. I can't stress this enough.

And finally bronzers. I think bronzers don't look right at all on anyone.

I've explained mine what yours? (If this is in the wrong topic please move it.)

Brittni

Re: What kind of Make-up that makes you go EWWW or turns you off and why?

Powdery blue eyeshadows. The cheap kind. It reminds me of people who cake it on and it creases really bad and just looks ew. lol. Also, white eyeliner. Tacky.

Major turn off would have to be cream eyeshadows. All I can think of is how creased they turn out - the smudging, etc. ewwewweww.

Ithica

Oh god

1. People who don't blend their e/s so its like a really obvious line where one colour is and then the next. Gaah!

2.Really caked on foundation. The kind that looks powdery in facial crevises(sp?)! like around the nose and mouth area. Theres a girl who does that at work and its about two shades lighter then it should be!

sofabean

palettes with colors that don't go together AT ALL totally turns me off. a lot of mac palettes turn me off lol.

but if you take the colors and put them with other e/s colors that are more flattering, then i'd totally be on it lol

Lori_Renee

Super thick white eyeliner! OH MY GOSHHH. I just want to SCREAM when I see someone wearing that. Oh, and the whole super dark lip liner (that's crooked) with nothing else on the lips except maybe some clear lip gloss. And I hate it when people wear glitter on their face.... Hi, we're not 12. I saw a girl come in my work... she was about in her late 20's early 30's and she had just.. loose glitter on her eyelids. She had glitter ALL over her face. It's just a no go when it's worn like that.

Dahlia_Rayn

I really dislike when someone wears dark liquid eyeliner every single day...and it's always these gorgeous women who have bright blue eyes and blonde blonde blonde hair! Change it up a little honey!

Also, really caked on foundation with obvious lines makes me cringe!

Simply Elegant

Dark lined lips with light lipstick and drawn on brows.

Carlyx

People who don't match their foundation with the skintone
throwup.gif

ritchieramone

Excessive fake tan or overly-bronzed skin, especially when teamed with pink lipstick and yellow hair/cheap-looking extensions.
throwup.gif

funkychik02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
I really dislike when someone wears dark liquid eyeliner every single day...and it's always these gorgeous women who have bright blue eyes and blonde blonde blonde hair! Change it up a little honey!

Also, really caked on foundation with obvious lines makes me cringe!

That used to be me!!!

kaexbabey

someone with too much of a fake tan who still uses the same under eye concealer from before they tanned, so under their eye is all light. eckkkk.

also, cakey cakey foundation!

spidery eye lashes!

chocolategoddes

SUPER glittery anything. I love a shimmer and a glow but I hate chunks of glitter in my makeup.

And everything else that has been said I agree with. Except I LOVE BLUSH!!!

lovelyweapon

Out of place false eyelashes due to cheap glue.

xsnowwhite

really pastel e/s colors. I just don't see anyone pull them off

Kuuipo

Really pink lipstick-Hello Kitty pink.
The Pamela Anderson Look
Shiny faces
Overbleached hair, the stripper look, especially with dark roots
Shaved off drawn on eyebrows
Glitter
Someone compelled to use all the colours in their palette
Emo makeup
women who use obvious contour
orange lipstick
improper use of bronzer
orange skin
wrong colour foundation
obvious lipliner
wrong colour choices for skintone
sparkles all over the face

SingFrAbsoltion

Well I'm Russian and for some reason older Russian women like to wear horrible hot pink lipstick paired with something like baby blue eyeshadow...EWWW
Another makeup pet peeve of mine is dark lipliner with light lipstick, come on now. I went to eat with my boyfriend and we saw this older lady with just purple lipliner on! WTF

glam8babe

mostly the same as what you all said
especially the bright orange over tanned skin! ewww

but the one that makes me cringe especially when i see girls on myspace posing in their pics, is when they have lovely tanned skin but ruin it by wearing a chalky nude lipstick so it looks like they have stuck concealer on their lips... it looks DISGUISTING!!! and also makes their teeth look yellow
not a good look

HeavenLeiBlu

Obvious drawn on brows or overdone ones, esp when people like, square the beginning off. Unfortunately a lot of MAC MAs are guilty of wearing this look, or applying it to customers, and therefore spinning off that atrocious look into the masses! The only time it doesn't make me cringe, is when I see it on someone in drag. I mean, the point is to be over the top, in that instance.

Using BLACK liner as a lipliner. Sometimes with whatever color lipstick, but most times it's with none at all, and maybe some clear lipgloss. There's a reason why black pencils aren't labeled as lip liner,because it's not mean to be used as one! Looks crazy as hell

Caked on foundation. One of my coworkers does this. Actually several of them do, but at least they don't do it every day like the one I'm about to talk about. It's bad enough that the color is at the least a shade lighter than it should be, but it's like she puts it on, then does it again. And again. And again. AND AGAIN! All freakin day. She has a gorgeous daughter with beautiful skin and I think to myself, "wow I'm glad she didn't pass that habit onto that girl!" But then I met this woman's younger sister, and THAT's who's adopted the habit. Good lawd hammercy! She's even worse. I wish I knew a tactful way to pull people aside who do that. And the thing is, she's always complimenting me on my makeup, and how my "foundation" and skin in general just glow. I have to always tell her that I'm not wearing anything except lip and sometimes eye makeup. I suspect that her bare face looks a million times better than this mask she cakes on.

White eyeliner. I don't think that people understand that it's only meant for your waterline, and sometimes as a guide/stencil UNDER your colored makeup or for other beauty tasks. NEVER NEVER meant to be obviously seen. If I see one more person with this shit again I might lose it and maul them with a Ponds Clean Sweep Wipe.

I have to say that I'm not a fan of the fake bake in a bottle, either. It's very rare that I see one that looks good. I also hate seeing woman who have obviously been laying out in the sun throughout their teens and 20s. I wanna skin them and make shoes.

Oh yeah, and the highlighting the brow bone when hello, you don't have shit else on.
th_dunno.gif
what gives?

And the newest/latest phenomenon... FALSIES.
Okay now, I love to see some long, lashes. But a lot of women lately ( or at least other employees at my organization) just take shit too far. I was waiting in the grill line at the cafeteria, and I kept seeing something flitting about out the corner of my eye. I kept thinking maybe it was a flying bug or something, but it never left my peripheral vision. so I finally turn my head to the left, and there's this woman there, with these lashes that looked to be sprouting about six damn inches away from her face. They couldn't have really been that long, but that's how they looked. She looked like a goofy assed Bratz doll. I was thinking that if you wanna look like that on your personal time, fine, but don't come up in here scaring patients, gotdamn! I HATE HATE HATE people overdoing any type of grooming/beautification in the workplace.

I guess all of this can go in those makeup crimes threads, LOL

Deena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
Dark lined lips with light lipstick and drawn on brows.

Ditto...

stacylynne

Any makeup co that tests on animals makes me sick. This is why I stick to MAC
smiles.gif