What looks good on a redhead?

Rockell

Hey, new here and fairly new to makeup (ie: I can always use help!) and I'm just wondering what looks my fellow redheads like to wear (or what the rest of you would recommend to a redhead). I'm a natural redhead, and I have blue eyes and super fair skin with freckles. I wear both cool and warm colors, but I generally look better in warm shades, unless I'm really playing up the fairness/blue eyes.

I have gotten stuck in this rut of neutral/smokey bronze eyes and peachy cheeks/lips and I'm bored...any ideas??
smiles.gif

TIA!!
-Rachel

hotti82

what about trying something like golds and greens for eyes, and browns or nudes for the lips? a nice combo might be swimming e/s, sprout e/s (or something like it) and femme noir e/s with fresh brew l/s...

hyperRealGurl

Ahhhh im not sure but id say look at our beautiful specktra member "Shimmer" she has red hair and all her looks are awsome
smiles.gif
just a thought
smiles.gif

maxcat

Palatial lip glass. Looks weird in the tube. Looks amazing on redheads and strawberry blondes.

Shimmer

I wear greens and golds and caribbean colored blues and bronzes and coppers.
I use MSFs for blush, so I can't help you there.
ssad.gif

And for lipstick my favorite is waterviolet by clinique.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

I stay away from purples and icy blues, as they're a bit harder to wear with redhair,but that may be more my skintone than anything else.
smiles.gif

Jaim

I agree with greens! I'm a fake redhead and I like purples. Just experiment with every color possible!
smiles.gif

melozburngr

I wear everything... well.. pretty much.. being pale, blacks dont work so well...as eyeshadow anyway... liner and mascara its ok...

hmmm.. its all experimentation to figure out what works.. I wear a lot of teals... but thats cuz I like em... oranges and orange-based browns make the blue eyes just about pop outta my head (cranberry is great for this, too)

I dunno if Im any help... :p

musicdust

As a fellow Red head, I love wearing blues, greens, purples for my evening looks, and natural tans for my work look. I also will do a smokey eye which can look great if you do a neutral lip color. I also will recommend Palatial for a great hot pink that you would never think would look great on a red head! Just have fun with it and play around!!

DoTheTree

I have vibrant copper hair and the MAC makeup that look best on me are:
Nude and MLBB lipsticks
- Viva Glam 2
- Half n Half
- Kinda Sexy
- Faux
- Twig

Plum lipsticks
- Rebel
- Amorous
- Craving

Red lipsticks
- Brick O La
- Dubbonet
- Mac Red

Blushes
Blush All Day (Pro longwear)
Melba
Breath of Plum

Eyeshadows
Haux
MUG Unexpected
(Basically any mauve/dirty plum/ purplish brown eyeshadow)

Vicieux Rose

I noticed that red heads look really good with red lipsticks with a bit of brown in them, it really complements their beautiful hair colour. I love Bobbi brown's burnt red. A redhaired friend of mine uses it and it looks gorgeous on her.