What MSF?

banana1234

Hey,
I've recently discovered MSFs... I know, what have I been doing ?!

Anyway, so far, i only have Soft and Gentle, and while i like it, its quite chunky, it doesnt give me the sheen i long for.

What I want is a finely milled lighter shade (i'm NW20, NW15 in winter) that i can dust on my cheekbones, with a gold shade to it, rather than a pinky tone?

I'm currently looking at New Vegas, Refined and Redhead MSF.

Redhead seems a bit pinky
Refined seems a bit dark
New Vegas seems like it might be too much sheen to it?

I was also looking at Lightscapade but it seems near impossible to get.

I wanted advice, which you think would be better please?

I've been looking at the swatches thread for MSFs but everyone seems to have a different skin tone/they all look different in different pics... i wanted peoples honest opinions on what they thought was best

gildedangel

If you like S&G try looking into Shimpagne, it is a very similar color but most people find it to have a finer texture and better sheen.

ladyJ

I recommend Perfect topping. It is more pink than lightscapade. Shimpagne is also a good one.

banana1234

thanks, thats comming out at christmas too, but i dont want the whole bag! i might just have to get it anyway!
anyone have any suggestions of anything not from mac, perhaps a nice finely milled highlighting powder?

lauraglou

I've only tried Perfect Topping but I love it to bits. I'm an NW20/25 and use it as a highlighter on my cheek bones. Sooooo pretty

chickatthegym

I'd say Shimpagne or Perfect topping. I am NW25/30 and both those are super pretty as highlighters on me. I would say they are both finer than Soft and Gentle and some of the other chunkier MSFs
smiles.gif

Brie

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
thanks, thats comming out at christmas too, but i dont want the whole bag! i might just have to get it anyway!
anyone have any suggestions of anything not from mac, perhaps a nice finely milled highlighting powder?

Go into a cosmetics store and swatch the smashbox ones I LOVE them!!

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234

Perfect Topping MSF gives a very beautiful sheen, no chunky glitter. It was limited edition but you might be able to find it on eBay or CCO.

A non-MAC alternative would be NARS Albatross highlighting powder. It gives a beautiful glow, has a soft golden tone though it looks white in the pan. It's gorgeous and works for all skin tones

Makeup Emporium

Perfect Topping is gorgeous; one of my fav's. I also agree that Lightscapade and Shimpagne are also great colours.

Also check out the Clearance Bin here on Specktra and I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of different MSF's for sale; both new and used.

banana1234

the only lightscapade on here is like $60, i gave up on that ages ago! i've seen a couple shimpagnes on here and have pming people about em, i will swatch albatross, it sounds exactly like what im looking for, thanks everyone!

Cherrymint

So I have New Vegas...it's as golden as it gets! but I don't like the texture...it's a bit on the shimmery/chunky glitter side. I also have Redhead and find that one side is golden*what I use for highlight* and the other side is more of a pinky gold blush(but it's the same texture as Soft and Gentle IMO). I'm not too familiar with Shimpagne but I've read that it is very similar to Soft and Gentle...I guess my suggestion isn't exactly what you're looking for but here it is: Try Hyper-real pressed powder in Medium if you're near a pro store*and if it's still available!* (it is a great texture/highlight and has a golden tone to it!) Hope that helps!!
winkiss.gif

Latest posts