What pallet / items should I get mom(52) & sister (makeup newbie) for xmas?

rebekah

Hi I might have explained this all in the title but I want to find some gifts for my mom and sister for christmas.

My mother always wants to wear makeup (she used to be a makeup queen and everything looked amazing on her) but now she complains that nothing looks right on her (I made her buy simple Mothbrown for her crease and she still complains that even that doesn't look right on her) ... so maybe I'm going about this the wrong way... Obviously, she's older [52] and has a bit of wrinkles and eyeshadows are hard to blend on her eyes and I don't think that she knows how to apply makeup on her newly aging skin.

My sister is 24 and has always been a rebel, so she has been against *GASP* makeup for a long time now but is suddenly having a peak in interest, I know that she would want something very simple and easy that no one would really notice but would make her feel more beautiful. She really has no clue what she is doing though.

So all in all I was thinking about possibly Stila's new pallets or some pallet (or something that includes eyeshadow, blush, lips you know...) that explains to them how to create a look for them..

I know you all have wonderful ideas so please help!

Thanks guys!

newagetomatoz

I think the new Stila pallete would be great for your mom! I would get it for mine too, however, she would nag me about how much I spent on it and then freak. So, Bath & Bodyworks and Yankee Candle again this year. LOL

For your sister, you might want to look into Tarte's We Wish You Wealth pallete. It has a lot of neutral looking shades, plus some for if she's feeling adventurous. I am a complete makeup junkie and my sister is starting to get into makeup and I was seriously considering this as well.

Hope you find some good ideas/gifts for them!

Fairybelle

For both of them, try Too Faced Cosmetics palettes. I love Too Faced since the pigmentation in the powder products is pretty awesome, and the lip colors are mostly glosses in the palettes, so they would look good on someone older or younger! For your mother: the 'Lights, Camera, Glamour' palette that actually lights up (with a mini vanity mirror). For your sister: the 'Good Girl, Bad Girl' palette. HTH!

BTW, last Christmas, my mother gave all her friends the Too Faced Lip Injection Glosses... they LOVE them, and all of them are older than 52!

I usually love MAC, but Too Faced makes some pretty darn good products for the money too!!

MACaholic76

Not really makeup, the one thing I always suggest for those who are just getting into makeup is a good set of brushes! I'm getting 2 sets for my younger sisters who are into makeup but still dont really understand how important tools could be!
I think the mac holiday sets are great for this!

peacelover18

I would take them both to a MAC counter and have the MAs do their makeup for them. That way they can get some advice on what colors look good on them, and how to apply them.