What product did you think you would hate -- but wound up loving?

greeneyes81

So I went to my local MAC counter last night to turn in some B2M items, enough for 2 lippies. I decided (since I wasn't paying for it LOL) to try out Bare slimshine (read alot of good reviews). I had seen swatches, and it looked pretty but i thought i would look awful on me..........but -- IT's FABULOUS!! I'm in love
love.gif
It's the perfect nude lipstick -- but more like a gloss because of the formula. I'm wearing it today and 3 of my office chicks complimented me on it -- and even 1 guy!

So who's had a similar experience, and with what product?

(Oh, and I got Funshine slimshine as my 2nd B2M item -- it's really pretty too!)

blindpassion

Canary Yellow e/s and Goldenrod e/s (both MAC, both pro colors)

When I bought them I just thought "Oh, I'll never end up using these, they will just ben fun to have."

I use them ALL the time.
smiles.gif

coachkitten

I have both of those colors blindpassion and never use them. What other kinds of colors do you use with them? It would be nice to put mine to use!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I have both of those colors blindpassion and never use them. What other kinds of colors do you use with them? It would be nice to put mine to use!

I just love them!

For going out on a summer evening, I'll do say...
Canary Yellow blending into
Goldenrod blending into
Passionate... with Vanilla pigment as a highlight,

or Canary yellow on the inner corners, next to bitter, juxt or swimming
and then gulf stream in the crease,

I do a lot of "sunset" or "tropical" kind of looks with those two colors

Im a big fan of canary yellow, its such a nice soft yellow color, it isnt harsh at all
Make sure to use a really good base under Canary Yellow to make sure it shows up, something like Luna CCB or UDPP, or bare study paintpot, etc. You really have to pack it on I find, for good color payoff.

Heres a pic of a recent look I did.
n554535470_3434201_7657.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

smiles.gif

KikiB

Paints in general-I've had so many bad experiences with that kind of stuff and also I use UDPP-but now I love them. Too bad they've gotten rid of all the good shades though...

nadiya

Sunpepper pigment. I never would have bought it if it wasn't in last year's Holiday set, but now it's my favourite!

euphrosyne_rose

Gingerly blush and Stars N Rockets. I really didn't think I would like it on me but it was SO pretty!! I LOVE the way it looks, especially with Beauty Marked.
th_DANCE.gif

nursie

i almost always use some shade of brown on my eyelids. but when the cool heat collection came out, the mua raved about my green eyes and that i just HAD to have solar white. i said 'and you think it would look good on the lids, not just as a highlight?', and he nodded nodded nodded.
i was doubtful, but brought it home to use as a highlight
smiles.gif

but i did try it all over the lid, with satin taupe in the crease, and i LOVE it!

i also picked up a sculpt and shape at a CCO, and immediately had buyers remorse (before i used it). but now i find myself using it almost every day
smiles.gif

nelyanaphonexia

when I first bought ALL of the Cool Heat and Electroflash MES. I got them cause they were pretty new and shiny. I got them and looked at how many there were, but now I use them ALL the time. Especially the ones that I didnt think I would love. I've used Hot Contrast almost every day since I've had it, and it was the one that I thought I would never ever ever use along with Polar Opposites. <3 both!

panda0410

Lark About pigment - really thought I wasnt going to like it, but in the end its probably my favourite NN pigment!!

SMMY

the Kohl powers - I figured this would be uber-smudgey on me and was going to skip them based on reveiws when they first came out. I decided in a moment of weakness to pick up Jealous and Feline. Wish I had picked up a second Jealous now, since they haven't repromoted it. And there is nothing out there like Feline, just the perfect black liner.

NatalieMT

Sunpepper pigment, I thought it was a bit ugly when I got it in the Holiday pigment set last Christmas but surprisingly I love it. It looks really nice on and is great for darkening up a bronze/sunkissed eyeshadow look.

FiestyFemme

Tendertones.

I bought a couple to see what the hype was about. I ended up using them so much that I went out and bought 2 more shades. They're my favorite now.
smiles.gif