what should i charge for a fashion show?

bad girl glam

Hi everyone! i have been offered to do two local fashion shows coming up in December. i barely have info on one of them. there will be twenty girls. (i don't know the age range, but i know children are involved). i wanted to know since i am still just starting out as a freelance artist, should i just charge a kit fee? i wanted to charge $8-$10 dollars, per person. is this a good price or should i charge more? i don't know yet if i will be doing more than one look, full face, or lips, cheeks, and eyes? i know i will only work for up 4 hours, and if i need to stay longer for touch ups, should i charge for that?

any advice would surely be helpful!

ShortnSassy

hmm. i would ask how long they approximate they will need you for. then figure out if you'll get a better payrate by charging $10 per face, or hourly instead. i'm really not sure. sorry wish i was more help! but sounds like fun though! take lots of pictures!!!

bad girl glam

i will definitely will take pics! i had a big event last week and i didn't charge my camera properly and i don't have a camera phone. i was so mad at myself. i worked on 10 faces including two fantasy looks. i worked so hard that night. 5 hours straight! i contacted the owner of the event and she told me she is working on updating the website, so i can see the pics and my bio will be posted as well. i freelance for a party event company too.

LRMakeup

Are you responsible for all 20 people?? That a ton of work! Plus you'll be using a lot of your product as well. If you charge $10 a face thats only $200 so I would determine if the stress, product usage and time are worth that much $. In my experience, fashion shows are extremely faced paced and at the end of the day, I wind up exhausted even with a full team of artists working.

If you do have to do 20 people, I would consider hiring a few assistants to make it go more smoothly. Good luck!!
smiles.gif

bad girl glam

with hiring an assistant, should i hire someone that is good at applying makeup or just someone to help me organize?

LRMakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad girl glam
with hiring an assistant, should i hire someone that is good at applying makeup or just someone to help me organize?

I would hire a fellow artist, to speed up the process.
If you take only 15 min per face, it will take 5 hours, not counting the time in between to clean brushes and set up for the next model. An assistant or two will make your life much easier
smiles.gif

bad girl glam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
Hit me up if you can't find anyone to help. I'm in the burbs as well and would be glad to lend a hand

i know we don't interact much on here, but i was thinking about you! that's crazy. when i find out more details, i will send you a message! thanks!

Latest posts