What should I do when I've bougt and paid for fake mac??

UyenNhii

Hello there, I'm very new here. I don't know if anyone else has posted the same type of question, but I really need help!

I have already bought tons of fake mac pigment and eyeshadows, but I guess I just never learn. A few days ago I bought about 5 things from d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m, who I know now is a person who sells counterfeit mac products. I do not know what to do now! I've already paid, which I know now is a stupid stupid thing I did! Can anyone please tell me what to do? Or should I just let it go and loose even more money because of my dumb choices?

MACATTAK

You can contact the seller & tell them that these are fake & you would like a refund. If they don't agree to that, assuming that you paid with Paypal, start a dispute right away & escalate it to a claim. That way the seller knows you are not playing around.

SlimSugar

I agree with the other ladies. Report her. I saw her postings on ebay and because she didn't accept money orders I didnt bid, but now I'm glad. Thanks for the heads up Uyen!!! I'm sorry it happened though.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
santa.gif

X_SiN_X

Just to let you know, I purchased a few items from this lady, I received them super fast even over the holidays... I have compared my 3d gold with hers and there is not 1 difference that I can see... As for the other colours I purchased, I have nothing to compare them to colourwise, but I did compare the texture and again I can't see a problem there... Because of all the hype here about her products I am very wary about using them, but I am not 100% convinced that they are conterfeit, so I definitely will be taking them to MAC to see what they think. Did you receive yours yet UyenNhii? I spoke with the lady and she told me that if I wasn't happy she would refund the purchase price + postage (that's the only reason I even bothered with her stuff) I would imagine that she would offer you the same. Please let us know how she reacts when/if you ask for a refund, it will be interesting to see if she honours her word and money back guarantee.

Xqueeze_me

From the top of my head, I remember someone comparing the Vanilla pigment bought from her to another Vanilla pigment bought from the MAC store/counter, the shades are not the same at all (Read Post #126). Also, I sent a Cornflower pigment (bought from Pakman here and 100% authentic) sample to someone and she compared my Cornflower to the one purchased from miss-modern-miss (the same 8 exact pigments sold by d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m). It seems that my Cornflower has more purple than the other Cornflower which is just blue.

d.i.v.a has also referred to some of the pigments as "damaged stock". She's selling more MAC now and I don't know where she got the "stock" from so I won't dwell into this.

th_dunno.gif
MEH!

ps: Have you noticed that she has stopped selling the same 8 pigments (Rose, Vanilla, Cornflower, Dark Soul, Melon, Aire De Blu, Fairylite and Pink Opal) altogether??

pps: Seems like more Teal, Blue Brown and Accent Red are popping up!

UyenNhii

Yes I did pay with paypal, MACATTAK, thanks for the advice!

You're welcome SlimSugar! It is sad, but at least you didn't do the same mistake!

Well, the person said the same to me, X_SiN_X! And no, I haven't recived the products yet. I'm not sure about what I'm going to do, and I guess I'll never know for sure if it's fake or real. I live in Norway, and there's only one MAC store here, which is far away from where I live, so it's hard for me to ask a professional about stuff. I just buy Mac products off ebay and then learn that most of it is fake from this place.

Thanks alot Xqueeze_me!

X_SiN_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
From the top of my head, I remember someone comparing the Vanilla pigment bought from her to another Vanilla pigment bought from the MAC store/counter, the shades are not the same at all (Read Post #126). Also, I sent a Cornflower pigment (bought from Pakman here and 100% authentic) sample to someone and she compared my Cornflower to the one purchased from miss-modern-miss (the same 8 exact pigments sold by d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m). It seems that my Cornflower has more purple than the other Cornflower which is just blue.

d.i.v.a has also referred to some of the pigments as "damaged stock". She's selling more MAC now and I don't know where she got the "stock" from so I won't dwell into this.

th_dunno.gif
MEH!

ps: Have you noticed that she has stopped selling the same 8 pigments (Rose, Vanilla, Cornflower, Dark Soul, Melon, Aire De Blu, Fairylite and Pink Opal) altogether??

pps: Seems like more Teal, Blue Brown and Accent Red are popping up!

Yep I have noticed... But I have also seen others sell a LOT of these colours but have been recommended as legit sellers... I know the 3d gold I purchased is authentic which I'm ECSTATIC about
yahoo.gif
As for the others... the consistency seems fine but I have no colours to compare them to... So they shall sit in my cupboard till I find out lol

UyenNhii

Hi again! Just wanted to let you ladies to know that I received the products on Thursday, and unfortunately, I was not pleased. After comparing the items with picture guides on how to spot fake MAC, I believe that the products are fake.

Does this mean that I have to send the products back to her??

rockin

There is some debate on another thread here about whether this seller's items are really fake or not. Are you able to post clear pictures on here of what you received, so we can see for ourselves?

If they are in fact fake, you either need to contact her about it, and she may offer you a refund on return of the goods (always return via a trackable means) or you need to start a SNAD (significantly not as described) via PayPal, if you paid that way. If you can provide PayPal with written confirmation from MAC or Trading Standards, they will not expect you to return the items. A receipt from Trading Standards would be sufficient.

UyenNhii

I will post photos tomorrow! I spoke with the seller, and she said that she would give me refund if I return the products, and I will. But I'm really scared that she won't give me the refund and just come up with an excuse like "I never recived it".! What should I do??

gigglegirl

Thats why the post by Rockin says to always return via a trackable means. That way you know it was received and she can't say "must have been lost" when in fact she did get it.

UyenNhii

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Thats why the post by Rockin says to always return via a trackable means. That way you know it was received and she can't say "must have been lost" when in fact she did get it.

What if she claim that I did something with the products or something? And suddenly refuse to give me refund?

gigglegirl

if that were to happen then it would be a matter to bring up with Paypal. Plus its fake MAC. So send it back in a way that you can track it (ie UPS) and if something like that were to happen, from what I understand you'd open up a dispute through Paypal.

nilt1aK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UyenNhii
Hello there, I'm very new here. I don't know if anyone else has posted the same type of question, but I really need help!

I have already bought tons of fake mac pigment and eyeshadows, but I guess I just never learn. A few days ago I bought about 5 things from d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m, who I know now is a person who sells counterfeit mac products. I do not know what to do now! I've already paid, which I know now is a stupid stupid thing I did! Can anyone please tell me what to do? Or should I just let it go and loose even more money because of my dumb choices?

Definitely take it up with Paypal, and you can post warnings for people about her on different forums, etc. That might slow down her business, hopefully!

Latest posts