What should I get from MAC? Need help!

babdora

First of all, hi, I'm Dora
wavey.gif
and I'm new here. I live in Slovenia (EU). I loove your forum do keep up the good work
clap.gif
!

We don't have MAC here sadly, but I've found some girls that will help me out
cheerleader.gif
. I am NC30 (tad lighter/darker), green eyes, light brown hair. I don't have pics on this comp, but if you think pic will help, I'll go to the other comp and upload them.

There are a LOT things I like from MAC and I need to decide which ones would be better for me. So I was hoping you guys could help me out
thmbup.gif

EYESHADOWS:
Amazon quad
Shroom, Trax, Tempting, Greensmoke, Shale, Club, Amberlights
The quad or some individual es? I'm open for other suggestions as well.

BRUSHES:
187-def buying this one
smiles.gif

The raquel welch one
I need a crease/blending brush that is good for applying pigments as well! An all rounder would be great, actually. And a travel sized would be awesome!

LIPGLASS:
Love Nectar
Bodymind
Malibu Barbie
I will have soon: Prrr, Bare Fetish, so I don't want something similar.

LIPSTICK:
Tiger Tiger
New York Apple

EYELINER:
Bountiful Brown
Stubborn Brown
Duck
Are there any swatches of these three? I just can't find them!!lol

BLUSH:
Goddess
Blushbaby
Peaches
In a search for a warm peachy and natural looking blush!

And if someone could tell me if liner Cream o'spice would work with any of the mentioned glosses and Tiger lipstick?

This is a long post
smiles.gif
. I hope you'll be able to help!!

Take care
type.gif

prinzessin784

I think you've got a good list there of things that will work from you from what you say your coloring is! As for the eyeshadows I suggest you go with the individual shadows just because from personal experience, when I buy a pre-made quad I get in a rut with what I do with it and only do one or two looks. Individual colors for some reason seem easier to mix and match.

daisydeadpetals

I love bountiful brown!!! It's gorgeous, I use it all the time! I would describe it as a medium golden brown. I don't own either of the other liners but I have seen them and they are not as pretty as bountiful brown (in my opinion).

I tried to swatch it on my hand too, but my camera just isn't cooperating!
EM012.jpg

I agree with prinzessin, pick up individual e/s shades, it'll give you more options...
Hope that helps a little! Good luck and let us know what you pick up =)

babdora

Thank you both!! Ans thanks for the swatch!! I couldn't find it anywhere!
clap.gif

I was thinking of the quad because a girl did a great fotd with it and it has a brown, purple and orange colour which I use the most. And the quad is very wanted in swaooing so if I don't like it, it'll easilly be swapped.
How much is an individual es?
Thanks again!

Indian Barbie

I always eng up buying a new lipgloss when I go to mac, I recently bought Sweetie Cake because it's such a cute pink and they sold out of Malibu Barbie!

messhead

I am also a green eyed/brown haired NC (I am a 35 though)!!!

Out of your eyeshadows, I have them all but I find that I use Amber Lights and Shroom the most... Some other colors I think you might like and use often are Carbon, Nocturnelle, Fiction, and Nylon or Ricepaper.

Bare Canvas Paint is great for a quick wash paired with mascara, or for a base!!!

For a blending brush, if it's for your crease I would suggest the 217... But if it's for an all over blending I use a 224, a 275 or even the 252...

If you are looking for a brown eyeliner, try Teddy. It's a kohl so you can smudge it really easy for a smoky eye!

AND for blush, I LOVE Peachtwist. It's peachy and shimmery...

Sorry so long, I hope it helps you out!
thmbup.gif

babdora

Thank you both. I need a crease/outer v brush. Whish one is the best? The shadows you (messhead) advised are too dark for me I'd say. I don't like very dark shadows
smiles.gif
. I don't think I look good wearing them.
You said you have all of the shadows above, could you pleeeease do a swatch of them?? That would help ssoo much!
Also, if anyone finds some lacquer swatches (tiger tiger, rocker!) i'd be very thankful!
I'll let you know what I'll get.
smiles.gif

messhead

Here are some of those swatches... I added a couple too....

Sorry, theres two of them, same colors. I just couldn't tell which picture was better!

swatches2.jpg

swatches1.jpg

From top to bottom:
Ricepaper
Nylon
Amber Lights
Nocturnelle
Beautiful Iris
Swimming
Sumptuous Olive
Fiction
Carbon

Just remember, Even if it may look super dark in the pot, it's all about how you apply it. Like, Carbon is a matte black. It can be a smoky gray or a black, black! It's my favorite color because it is so versatile. You can lay colors over it to get vibrancy!!!
smiles.gif

Hope that helps!

babdora

Thanks for the swatches so much! I really son't want to bug, but if it's possible to get a swatch of the shadows listed in my first post too? I'm in no rush, though
smiles.gif
!
So, I was on a budget choosing the things I want. It was just 41 euros, that's around 56$. I got the skunk brush, shale es and Style blush (it's used and I got it in a swap with the same girl). It's peachy, but I can't find any pictures of it either! Please help!
I am getting other stuff as well, but from other people. I'll post a haul when I get them!
clap.gif

messhead

These are the other colors I have from your list.

swatches3.jpg

Shroom, Trax, Tempting, Club. (Club has a blue-ish/green-ish tone to it.... It's very pretty!)

I didn't show Shale because you already have it, Amber Lights because it's in the swatch above, and I don't have Greensmoke, but it's like Fiction (Which I swatched above.)

swatches4.jpg

Teddy Eye Liner, Malibu Barbie Lip Glass, New York Apple L/S...

If you need anything else let me know!!!
smiles.gif