What should I get?

Romina1

Since NARS are no longer available in my country and the company does not ship here, I only used to have 3 or 4 products that I absolutely loved! In my last trip abroad I forgot all about buying make-up but know I am going to have a list for the NARS products I must check and purchase next month while traveling.

What would you recommend? Which are your favourites or must-haves? ANY product, ANY color (I like both neutrals and bold/bright)

WhatWouldJoanDo

Hi Romina! On my blog I listed the recent Instyle Awards that NARS got 17 of which may give you some ideas. I would check out the skincare (balancing moisturizer) and their brushes are amazing (#14, #5, #2 and also the Yachiyo brush). Favourites of mine are the deep throat blush, and all the NARS purples my favs especially: Caravaggio, Jolie Poupée, Laguna bronzer, and the Sheer Glow foundation (or Sheer Matte if oily skin), and primers are lovely. Also a must-grab: Jungle Red nail polish :)

LMD84

i love nars blushes! each one i have bought is super pigmented and they come in such an awesome range of colours!

MarieMary

Hi. :)

Here are my recommandations:

The Yachiyo brush. It's just perfect for blush application, especially those which are intensely pigmented. You can also use it to apply highlighter.
Amour blush is lovely. LMD84 is absolutely right, Nars makes awesome blushes. If you'd rather buy some other color, there is a huge shade selection.
Earth Angel duo eyeshadow is also a favorite of mine. It's amazing, both in texture and pigmentation.
Dolce Vita lipgloss is very pigmented, and it's a great everyday lipgloss. Dolce Vita lipstick as well.
Sheer Glow foundation is awesome. But reviews tend to be either excellent or horrible. Maybe you can give it a try first to avoid disappointment.

BeckyBenett

hmm.. i recommend getting the blushes.. they never disappoint.. i love lovejoy and deep throat! bt they can be quite dark if you are anything less than nc25..

orgasm blush, laguna bronzer and albatross highlighters are must-haves!!

the lipglosses are also very good! turkish delight is my favourite.. gosh, im such a cliche.. haha..

Shadowy Lady

My top 10 Nars products (this was sooo hard, I love all my Nars babies...lol):

- Deep Throat blush
- Madly blush
- Gilda blush
- Jolie Poupee e/s duo
- Sheer Glow Foundation
- Irresistablement bronzer
- Niagara l/s
- Damned velvet matte pencil
- Dragon Girl velvelt matte pencil
- Dogon e/s duo

ElvenEyes

Hmmm!

NARS Albatross (gorgeous highlighter)
Laguna Bronzer (still one of my favourites)
Anjelika Blush (a lovely rosy red)
Orgasm Blush (perfect natural peach colour)
And any of their lipglosses that appeal to you. They are one of the best glosses that I have and constant go-to's!

BeckyBenett

My top 10 Nars products (this was sooo hard, I love all my Nars babies...lol):

- Deep Throat blush
- Madly blush
- Gilda blush
- Jolie Poupee e/s duo
- Sheer Glow Foundation
- Irresistablement bronzer
- Niagara l/s
- Damned velvet matte pencil
- Dragon Girl velvelt matte pencil
- Dogon e/s duo
hmm ill hve to check out madly and gilda cause i dont hve those two yet! thanks!

Romina1

Thank you for the recommendations ladies!
I am definately checking all the blushes mentioned and the e/s duos and try the Sheer Glow foundation. I only had two NARS blushes in my life, Orgasm (of course) and Mounia (so funny name because in my language it means something else
blush-anim-cl.gif
) and I loved them. I still have the half of Mounia left.
I'll let you know what I got after wandering at Sephoras in Paris!

MarieMary

Romina1, wait, a piece of advice! ^^
If you're going to Paris and want to have access to all of Nars products, go to Le Bon Marché instead.
Sephoras in France only have a limited shade selection when it comes to Nars (and other brands). On top of that, Nars is only present in selected Sephoras.
At Le Bon Marché, they have everything, and the MUAs are nice and helpful.

If you want advice on which places to go to for beauty products, or what french products to get (if they're not sold in your country already), send me an private message, and I'll try to help you as best as I can. :)

Romina1

Thank you MarieMary. I am only intersted in NARS since I can get anything else I want in my country. I was planning to go to that department store, so it'd better to look there for NARS?

MarieMary

You're welcome. :)
Yes, you should definitely go to Le Bon Marché for NARS. They have everything the brand has to offer, whereas in Sephoras they only have a few foundation shades, a small selection of skincare products, no brushes (or I didn't see them), a selection of e/s duos, lipsticks, lipglosses, etc...

Romina1

Hello ladies! Thank you all for recommendations! I'm so excited I finally saw many NARS items in person and got my goodies! Here's what I got:

- Highlighting-Blush Duo in Albatross-Orgasm
- Blushes in Deepthroat and Lovejoy
- Laguna bronzer
- E/s duos in Earth Angel and Star Sailor
- Sheer Glow foundation
- L/g in Babe and Turkish Delight

I've been using them the last three days and I love them all!! Although I liked so many more things...

femmepastiche

Everyone here is recommending Orgasm/Laguna/Albatross [and for good reason, they're epic] and if you don't have them, now's the perfect time. I think for $55 you get all three in a palette. Pretty good size too, normally all Nars blush/bronzers are HUGE and you can never get through them because they're so pigmented. A good way to test out a few things at once too! Also, the Sheer Glow foundation is incredible, and they're eye duos are lovely. I'm lemming Kuala Lumpur and I need it nowwwww

WhatWouldJoanDo

Awesome additions to your makeup - really some cult favourites there!! Happy that you are enjoying them; and I agree there are so many beautiful products by NARS.

Hello ladies! Thank you all for recommendations! I'm so excited I finally saw many NARS items in person and got my goodies! Here's what I got:

- Laguna bronzer
- Sheer Glow foundation

I've been using them the last three days and I love them all!! Although I liked so many more things...

AliciaMarie

I just bought the Nars blush in Desire and I love it! Its super pigmented to a little goes a long way and its the perfect color for summer!

gleamingbeauty

- Laguna bronzer
- Sheer Glow foundation

Deep Throat has got to be one of my favorite NARS Blushes! Happy you love them all :)

Latest posts