What sort of brush to apply blush ?

Chpidou

Hi !
wavey.gif

I just bought the MAC blush in "style" but I just have a poor mini blush brush to apply it.
I would to buy a blush brush of better quality but I don't know what shape I should to choose to have natural result.
Can you help me ?
And sorry if my english is difficult to understand and if there is already a thread about a similar subject.

Thank in advance !

Chpidou

Thank you very much.
But what is the difference between 116 and 129 ? They look similar...
And isn't 168 more to model the face with dark blush ?
I've a limited budget, so do you know a brush brand less expensive than MAC, that I can found in Europe (France, Switzerland)?

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chpidou
Thank you very much.
But what is the difference between 116 and 129 ? They look similar...
And isn't 168 more to model the face with dark blush ?
I've a limited budget, so do you know a brush brand less expensive than MAC, that I can found in Europe (France, Switzerland)?

The 168 is great for blush and/or contour (with a dark color) - I find it to be very precise because of the angled shape so that you can put blush exactly where you want it to go

lethaldesign

I have all three that people have mentioned - 129, 168, 187.

I prefer the 129 for regular powder blushes (like Style, as you mentioned). But for MSFs or even a lighter application of powder blushes, I'd go with the 187. Plus the 187 you can use for foundation as well, so if you are on a budget, the 187 is a great multi-purpose brush.

I find the 168 best for contouring, I never use it on the apples of my cheeks. Only to contour the hollows of my cheek bones with a darker blush or bronzer.