What stores to go to in NYC?!

User42

Hey!

I am going to New York soon, and I really want to know what stores I must go to!
Makeup ofcourse (MAC, Sephora etc?!), clothing stores, etc...
I have never been to the USA before so I am really excited
yahoo.gif

xx

hello_kitty

Definitely MAC Pro! There's also a Make Up For Ever store in Greenwich Village.

Toys R Us in Times Square is pretty fun, too. Sure, it's toys for kids, but there's a ferris wheel in there!!

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty

Toys R Us in Times Square is pretty fun, too. Sure, it's toys for kids, but there's a ferris wheel in there!!

Hahaha yeah I am definetely going to MAC
greengrin.gif
I have never tried any MUFE products so I think I'm going to check that out
smiles.gif

Sass

There are lots of shops in Soho (highenders galore and lots of unique stuff)...check those out.

PiccolaMandorla

My two must stops when I head home are Ricky's at 375 Broadway for beauty stuff and Century 21 on Cortlandt St. for high end discounts. There is all sorts of great shopping downtown. Little Italy has a great setup for starting out designers on the weekends set up in a school auditorium too.

Canal St. and the surrounding area is great for knock off bags and watches in secret rooms at the back of the stores and on the street. Bring cash and don't be afraid to bargain!

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccolaMandorla
My two must stops when I head home are Ricky's at 375 Broadway for beauty stuff and Century 21 on Cortlandt St. for high end discounts. There is all sorts of great shopping downtown. Little Italy has a great setup for starting out designers on the weekends set up in a school auditorium too.

Canal St. and the surrounding area is great for knock off bags and watches in secret rooms at the back of the stores and on the street. Bring cash and don't be afraid to bargain!

Haha I am already saving money for my trip
greengrin.gif

jess126xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty

LOL yes the toy r us is fun !
Go to soho they have the best stores forever21, AE, hollister, prada, aldo, um victoria secrets, kid robot, sephora but the One in times square is bigger ! Um louis vittion is there omg so many store I forget what they are all called LOL !

Hope you enjoy your stay.

jess126xo

Also go to rockafeller center they light the tree today it is very pretty and you can ice skate near by.

blondie711

I agree with the poster above, Ricky's is a must! There are several in the city, just check for the locations close to where you will be. Henri Bendel has a great makeup department, as does Bergdorf Goodman. I always buy cosmetics, candles, perfumes from those two that I don't see anywhere else. Pearl River Mart is another great place, but not for cosmetics. Go down to Canal St and get great sunglasses, 2 for $10.00, clutches, hats, etc..
HTH! Have a great trip.

PiccolaMandorla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIEHIEZE
Haha I am already saving money for my trip
greengrin.gif

You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm so excited to head back and visit my folks in 2 weeks!

Little Italy and Soho, IMHO, are the best stops for shopping, Barney's and Clyde's on Madison Ave. are also fun stops, but mega expensive.

You also must try a Gray's Papaya hot dog and pina colada (multiple locations), John's Pizzeria on Bleecker or Patsy's on University are great pizza places, and you really can't beat the Chinese food in NYC. Try and take in a Dim Sum brunch while you're in town!

PS: If you're Dutch (which I gather you are), you have an advantage! The NYC accent comes from a Dutch/British mix so Dutch tourists who learn British English always sound like NYC locals! I was a tour guide at one of the museums for 5 years and the Dutch always stumped all of us!

thezander

If you've got plenty of spending money, I would suggest the Anna Sui boutique. It's a really cute store, and some of the items are more affordable - jewelry, etc. I've always had good luck finding stuff there.

Have fun on your trip!

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccolaMandorla
You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm so excited to head back and visit my folks in 2 weeks!

Little Italy and Soho, IMHO, are the best stops for shopping, Barney's and Clyde's on Madison Ave. are also fun stops, but mega expensive.

You also must try a Gray's Papaya hot dog and pina colada (multiple locations), John's Pizzeria on Bleecker or Patsy's on University are great pizza places, and you really can't beat the Chinese food in NYC. Try and take in a Dim Sum brunch while you're in town!

PS: If you're Dutch (which I gather you are), you have an advantage! The NYC accent comes from a Dutch/British mix so Dutch tourists who learn British English always sound like NYC locals! I was a tour guide at one of the museums for 5 years and the Dutch always stumped all of us!

Hahaha yeah we learn British English in school here xD

Sass

How about a belly piercing on MacDougal St. (Whatever Tattoo II) in the West Village???? ...just a thought!

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass
How about a belly piercing on MacDougal St. (Whatever Tattoo II) in the West Village???? ...just a thought!

Hahahahaha my mom would never let me x'D

Sass

Quote:
Hahahahaha my mom would never let me x'D

Ha! I got my tongue piercing at 21 and that's because my mom said I wasn't grown until I turn 21. Belly ring at 30... We have some very cool Moms!!!
th_LMAO.gif

User42

Quote:
Ha! I got my tongue piercing at 21 and that's because my mom said I wasn't grown until I turn 21. Belly ring at 30... We have some very cool Moms!!!
th_LMAO.gif

Hahaha well I got my tragus pierced for my 15th birthday but she said: You are NOT making any more holes in your body! xD

Sass

Quote:
Hahaha well I got my tragus pierced for my 15th birthday but she said: You are NOT making any more holes in your body! xD

OK your Mom is cool and my is almost cool.
th_LMAO.gif

DILLIGAF

I have to second the suggestions to check out SOHO and NOLITA... wear comfortable shoes and be ready to walk. And please don't neglect West Boardway. If you go on a weekend there will be tons of street vendors all over the place. Be safe and have fun.

User42

Quote:
OK your Mom is cool and my is almost cool.
th_LMAO.gif

hahaha well it was more because my dad agreed with it xD

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I have to second the suggestions to check out SOHO and NOLITA... where comfortable shoes and be ready to walk. And please dont neglect West Boardway. If you go on a weekend there will be tons of street vendors all over the place. Be safe and have fun.

yeah I am definetely going to take my sneakers, and not my heels :p
I am not going on a weekend, I am probably going to be there from monday evening till friday evening :p

Latest posts