What the heck is she wearing, and how?!

Triskele

I love the japanese idol look. Fresh, cute, no-makeup makeup. Love it. I -finally- have found some pictures of the exact look I want, but I just can't figure out what the heck might give me that same sort of glow? It doesn't look shiney, just...glowy. Argh. I'm dying here.

Here are the example pics I mean:
http://www.qstar.org.tw/upload/20071...e17caa23b7be71
http://www.qstar.org.tw/upload/20071...e17caa23b7be71

If anyone can tell me anything to get that same sort of glowy, fresh-faced look (eyeshadow, blush, foundation, ANYTHING) I'd be your best friend for life. If anyone can give me colors (MAC or otherwise) to -replicate- that look, you get cookies. For real. I will make you cookies.

Thanks in advance!

ndn-ista

Hey, I am no where close to being an expert, so don't take me too seriously.

I think you can replicate the look by using of course your regular foundation/primer and a mineralize skin finish (MAC as an assortment of them) to give that glowy and dewy look. Maybe a little blush (natural pink undertone) and a face highlighter. a little mascara (Plushlash for the natural look) and a clear/natural lip gloss.

nunu

i agree with above but the lips look like MAC's flusterose lusterglass.
foe your face apply your normal foundation (MAC's hyper real goundaton should give you a glowy/dewy look, thats what it is designed for). You can add glow by wearing a minerlize skin finish powder (MAC has a range of these). Cheeks you can apply a very light pinki blusher, also line your upper lashline with black eyeliner.
Hope this helps!

MACATTAK

I agree with the above posts! Finish off with Fix + spray, that will add a glow to your skin
smiles.gif

dmenchi

the pink blush can be coy or any pink blush creme. Also the eyes have some kind of orangy/pinkish e/s..try sushi flower with gesso . don't forget liquid liner, it's important for the top LASHES AND THE LIPS WOULD BE BEST WITH A LIP GELEE.

Triskele

You guys ROCK, for sure! Thanks everyone for the input! I'm gonna try out some of your ideas...once I get some more money XD

janwa09

I've been to a Benefit store in HK and apparently this is the trend now with Asian women to give them the dewy or glowy look--Mix Benefit High Beam with your fave liquid foundation and apply all ove your face. You can still set the foundation with powder and it'll still have that dewy sheen. You should also use a very sheer cream blush or even just a tint like Benetint or any brand you have. For the eyes, use a shadow that's only a few shades darker than your skintone--it'll look really natural.

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triskele
If anyone can tell me anything to get that same sort of glowy, fresh-faced look (eyeshadow, blush, foundation, ANYTHING) I'd be your best friend for life. If anyone can give me colors (MAC or otherwise) to -replicate- that look, you get cookies. For real. I will make you cookies.

Thanks in advance!

For the Japanese Idol look, I would buy "Maquia" magazine, it's a Japanese makeup magazine that has tutorials in all issues with product recommendations. You can find it at a Kinokuniya, Asahiya or Sanseido bookstores, you can find them in the US. It's a great magazine.