What??? This is backwards!

Klava

So from many posts here I understood that you put Strobe Cream first (or may be another moisturiser) and them prep+prime, but I just read this on MAC website for Twisted Pigment look:
"I almost always prep the skin with Prep + Prime Skin and whatever type of moisturizer my client will need. Sometimes, I layer the two and sometimes I will mix them together on the skin. It depends on my client's skin condition. If the skin is a little rough on the surface, then I tend to layer the Prep + Prime first and then layer the moisturizer afterwards. I feel that the primer really helps to fill in any uneven textures on the skin and more importantly it helps the moisturizer and foundation to adhere to the surface of the skin."

What do you guys think?

I thought that Prep+prime acts a layer in between the foundation and skin and therefore wouldn't help moisturizer to penetrate skin?

saniyairshad

Prep+Prime is almost always used first. It's a primer, so it makes the skin ready for ur foundation. atleast I always use Prep+Prime first!!!

claresauntie

Definitely the opposite IMO. I do moisturizer (any moisturizer- doesn't matter what we're talking about. I always do it this way), then primer, then concealer and foundation.

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Definitely the opposite IMO. I do moisturizer (any moisturizer- doesn't matter what we're talking about. I always do it this way), then primer, then concealer and foundation.

Yup, that's how I do it too. Especially since you should wait 5 to 20 minutes for your moisturiser to absorb before applying anything else.

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Yup, that's how I do it too. Especially since you should wait 5 to 20 minutes for your moisturiser to absorb before applying anything else.

Yup, that's how I do it, too.
lol.gif

I put on my moisturizer and then go feed the baby. Then I do my primer (face and eye) and let it "set" while I do my hair or wipe down the kitchen. Then I do my makeup. I even let the foundation set while I do my eyes. Then I do powder/blush etc...

prinzessin784

I think that is just an MA pointing out that there can be more than one use for certain products. It says that it is a tactic used for rough skin, so the MA must have found that applying the P&P first really helped in that instance.

Klava

I think you are right, prinzessin784.

Interesting... now I want to try it.

claresauntie, you've got quite the routine going on, love it!
smiles.gif

amoona - your foundation doesn't slip away by the end of the day or even sooner because you use moisturizer in between prep and foundation?

Latest posts