What to do about my round face besides contouring and layering hair?

Ode to Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100
I feel like everything isn't really in proportion with me. I think my face is more roundish-squarish (perhaps something to do with my jawline) and it makes me look more masculine.

It's not just about the oval face, it's about how everything looks put together.

I think the proportions of an oval face would throw everything else in your face off. I don't think you realize how great your faceshape brings out your soft, delicate features!

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode to Joy
I think the proportions of an oval face would throw everything else in your face off. I don't think you realize how great your faceshape brings out your soft, delicate features!

Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it, I really do. The thing is though I personally don't like my features, not just the face shape but features as well; my cheeks, eyes, nose etc.

If I could have someone else's face I would chose Megan Fox or Kim K. Even without contouring their faces look more balanced and they have better features than me.

Superkaz

At the end of the day, you could have all the plastic surgery in the world too look like one of those people you want to.
BUT

If you do not love yourself on the inside, it wont matter how good you look on the outside.

Being happy and confident is the most attractive thing in the world.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100
Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it, I really do. The thing is though I personally don't like my features, not just the face shape but features as well; my cheeks, eyes, nose etc.

If I could have someone else's face I would chose Megan Fox or Kim K. Even without contouring their faces look more balanced and they have better features than me.

Is there anything you like about yourself? I mean, like...anything? It really seems like you have a disproportional view of your self and your reality. I would suggest you work on your inner bits for awhile, before you start considering your outer bits.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Is there anything you like about yourself? I mean, like...anything? It really seems like you have a disproportional view of your self and your reality. I would suggest you work on your inner bits for awhile, before you start considering your outer bits.

It does seem to be a bit like body dysmorphia, as much as I hate to say it...jackie don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps what you need more than a consult with a plastic surgeon is a consult with a therapist.