What to do when Palette busts

Singmeanything

In my suitcase while in transit on a plane my palette busted. THANKFULLY it was in a zip lock bag but unthankfully my black tied was the eyeshadow to break all over Amber Lights, Beauty Marked and Flirty Number.

What is the best way to go about cleaning this off?

For some reason the picture does not do justice for how bad the Amber Lights look but that is the worse.

Junkie

Take a loss on Black Tied and throw out the pan (unless its a PRO and not a depot), empty upside-down over the toilet or garbage holding the remaining 3 eyeshadows in place. Anything leftover in the pan will just continue to crumble off after you clean the whole palette and it'll be a waste of time if you keep it. If you really don't want to throw it out - pop it back in a pot or into a ziplock bag. Or even crumble it up into a pigment jar.

Remove the other pans from the palette and clean the palette thoroughly with a tissue. Might take awhile - black eyeshadows are the worst!

Take a tissue and clean around each individual pan and then do each individual eyeshadow with a separate tissue very lightly and finish off any leftover specks with q-tips. You could also try picking up the crumbles with masking tape or scotch tape first.

Pop them all back in and it should be ok.

RIP Black Tied
ssad.gif

(My Bitter did that - not as messy, but it still sucked.)

InspiredBlue

Junkie gives some great tips. You could even wash the empty palette with a little dish washing liquid, so you get it all off.

And if there is a lot left in the Black Tied after you clean off the really loose part, you could re-press it with some alcohol.

LC

you can fix the broken shadows easily...

put a few drops of rubbing alcohol into each one and mix to make a muddy texture, re-mold into shape, then let dry. voila, a fixed shadow and the color and texture remain intact. i can't tell you how many shadows, blushes, and face powders i've saved from this

Singmeanything

Thanks! Black Tied is a pro pan so I think I can salvage it by pressing.

Thanks again I FREAKED out when I saw the black bag in my suitcase. I travel a lot and it is the first time it ever happened.

LMD84

i'm not surprised you freaked! but yes Junkie gave awesome advice. and try to save what is left of carbon... buyt don't be too sad if you can't. at least it wasn't a LE item that broke!

equus18

My eyeshadows always go in my carry-on bag. The rest of my makeup and brushes go in my luggage.

I always look at broken shadows as an opportunity/excuse to buy more LOL

Latest posts