What to do with a maroon blusher

ButterflyKeeper

I bought a maroon blusher on a whim because it was a gorgeous shade. Trouble is, it makes it look as though someone gave me a giant hickey on my face.
th_LMAO.gif

Besides using it as an eyeshadow... what else can I do with it? Or was it for darker skin tones?

NotteRequiem

You could use the blush as a soft contour instead of using it as a blush. Use a 168 angled brush and treat it as you were contouring, just use a suuuuper light hand, and then top off with a cheek highight.
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

You'd need a super light hand to do this, but apply the maroon blush first, blend it, then apply a light pink blush over it and blend again.

Shadowy Lady

I apply darker blushes with powder brush and then blend with a kabuki. I do this technique with MAC X-Rocks and blush and Soft Flame beauty powder both of which are too dark on me to apply with a blush brush

ButterflyKeeper

Awesome.... It's a Revlon blush, I think it's called 'Merlot After Midnight' from Revlon's Golden Affair. I like using it as an eyeshadow, but I thought I should find out what else I can do with it.

Thanks for the responses! Much appreciated, gals!

LC

butterfly, it doesn't matter how dark or light a blush is. if you don't want it to appear dark like a hickey, then simply just use less and apply it ever so lightly. barely get any on the brush

ButterflyKeeper

I don't buy much of MAC's products. I do have a few, but it's a bit too pricey where I am.

So an angled brush or a stippling brush, eh? Cool. I'll definitely five it a go.

It's such a gorgeous shade, I love using it as an eyeshadow! I never knew maroon could look so hot on olive skin tone!
greengrin.gif

ButterflyKeeper

Woohoo! I tried applying it with a stippling brush, and it looked beautiful! Still maroon but without looking like someone whacked me on the face. Thanks!

Latest posts