What to do you ladies do for some extra cash?

gigglegirl

totally off topic but i have those Littlest Pet Shop sets from my childhood, but seriously, they look so weird now, and don't do the same things as my sets did. I <3 them. I just don't have any packaging or anything so I doubt theyd fetch much.

preciouscharm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
If your good at makeup, try to put yourself on model mayhem and charge $10 a shoot, for 2 makeup changes!

I would love to start freelancing. I'm already doing friends' makeup etc maybe I need to start chargin lol.

As for Plato's everytime I go there with barely used clothes I get turned down a lot because they tell me they look for certain styles during certain parts of the year. I've been posting everything on craigslist as well as my textbooks.

Thanks for everyone's advice. Maybe we should start up a fund for all the college gals out there. HA!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciouscharm
I would love to start freelancing. I'm already doing friends' makeup etc maybe I need to start chargin lol.

As for Plato's everytime I go there with barely used clothes I get turned down a lot because they tell me they look for certain styles during certain parts of the year. I've been posting everything on craigslist as well as my textbooks.

Thanks for everyone's advice. Maybe we should start up a fund for all the college gals out there. HA!

Your right about Plato, I have TONS of clothes I don't wear anymore and are in good condition still, some I've only worn a few times. But they won't take it cause they are only really looking for the more "preppy" brands like American Eagle, Abercrombie, etc cause of the popularity of those brands.

User93

You should! Its been tough lately, I wanna travel more sooo.. Im seling more of MAC, like holiday brushes, they are pretty but I hardly ever used them. I gonna sell clothes in spring more! Im actually down for any job, but it's difficult as I study. You can do it girl
th_hug.gif
We can
th_hug.gif

Also I gonna start saving my receits - I never did, they scare and embarass me lol. But I gotta be counting money now, so gotta check twice before spending.

carandru

Since you are in college, I would try to find a job at the school that involves sitting behind a desk. Do you have an information center or a library checkout desk or anything like that? I had several friends who worked at jobs like that in school. When they weren't on facebook or aim, they did very little actual work for their job and studied.

Pretty sure that's what the job expect you to do, so they don't really come down on you too much as long as you can multitask.

Doing the makeup thing is pretty good to if you think you can rock it. I'm trying to get my skills up so that can be my hustle in med school too!

sierrao

go to good will buy $10 worth of clothes and bring them to a resell store and get more money

kylieteng

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
Since you are in college, I would try to find a job at the school that involves sitting behind a desk. Do you have an information center or a library checkout desk or anything like that? I had several friends who worked at jobs like that in school. When they weren't on facebook or aim, they did very little actual work for their job and studied.
tongue9.png

Pretty sure that's what the job expect you to do, so they don't really come down on you too much as long as you can multitask.

Doing the makeup thing is pretty good to if you think you can rock it. I'm trying to get my skills up so that can be my hustle in med school too!

Yeah college is the worst time you could have. With the temptation to overspend, but pockets always aren't deep enoguh
th_worship.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrao
go to good will buy $10 worth of clothes and bring them to a resell store and get more money

That's a good idea! Too bad they don't have anything really good at any of our Goodwill stores of Salvation Army here.